Would you like to own driving the revenue for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the Department of Defense (DoD), specifically with our Department of the Navy customers? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key DoD customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business savvy, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Sales Representative within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the US Navy, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, etc). Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business across the Navy. You will lead development of business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, pursue, and close key opportunities.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with these agencies. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects. You should also have a demonstrated the ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of Information Technology sales experience selling directly to Department of Depense customers
· 5+ years of experience selling to Department of the Navy customers
· 3+ years of tracking meeting records and exceeding sales quota
· 3+ years of presentation (strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations)
Preferred Qualifications· Experience working within the virtualization, security and/or cloud computing industry highly desired
· Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of cloud computing with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between Cloud providers
· Deep knowledge of and relationships with the Federal Systems Integrator and Business Partner ecosystem supporting the US Navy
· Bachelors Degree and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.