AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. Would you like to be part of a team focused on accelerating adoption of Storage Services running on Amazon Web Services secure, global infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales skills necessary to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for Storage solutions? As a member of the worldwide leader for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers global computing model. The Specialty Sales Executive, Storage role has regional responsibility and is part of AWS World Wide Public Sector Organization established to position AWS as the best place to run Storage workloads.
As part of a single-threaded sales team focusing on Storage workloads running on AWS, you will be responsible for working with large strategic WWPS customers and their existing account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities for enterprise workloads and data center migration projects. You will engage with our segment sales, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. These opportunities will include migrating existing on-premise storage workloads to the AWS cloud. Your commitments will include quota accountability, driving platform adoption within WWPS accounts, as well as creating public references. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly.
· Drive revenue and market share for AWS.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
· Work with internal and external partners to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions.
· Manage contract negotiations along with the core sales organization.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
Basic Qualifications· 5 or more years of enterprise sales or business development experience with quota accountability and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets year over year.
· 3 or more years’ experience working directly with large enterprise accounts
· 2 or more years of experience selling complex storage, database, data center and cloud technologies.
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical degree.
· Experience selling Enterprise Storage solutions
· Experience with data center migrations
· Experience in working with Public Sector accounts
· Solid organizational, presentation, and writing skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Note – this position can be located in the US West Coast with close proximity to an airport. Travel 50% expected.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age