Would you like to help our customers innovate and deliver breakthrough experiences for their customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services as a means to help drive innovation? Would you like to enable some of the largest enterprises in GovTech transform to a software as a service business or managed service business?
As the business development manager for GovTech professional services you will have an exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on a national strategy to help transform businesses throughout the United States. Your responsibilities will include partnering with sales teams, solution architects, and cross functional teams to target the necessary business and technical relationships with customers to establish new opportunities. You will also be responsible for enabling sales teams to drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. Your responsibilities will include creating a written strategy, executing sales initiatives, and delivering results specific to professional services revenue goals. Working very closely with sales management to help them drive revenue, AWS adoption, and market penetration within the GovTech market. The ideal candidate will possess a successful business development/sales background and understand how to develop and execute complex, strategic initiatives. We are looking for an accomplished Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) for the GovTech market to drive adoption of AWS cloud services. 50% travel should be expected.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Engages and builds trust with C-level executives in GovTech accounts.
· Increasing revenue and successful attainment of the AWS SLG services goals focused on enterprise migration and modernization
· Working with teams across AWS, identifies new partner and new partner solutions that solve compelling problems for government health and healthcare programs.
· Working closely with sales management and AWS Professional Services teams to ensure alignment of strategic solution and delivery initiatives to drive adoption and growth of AWS platform.
· Builds repeatable solutions, programs, and models to drive sustainable growth.
· Identify opportunities, develop, and assist in closing opportunities with account teams.
· Earn Trust, be biased for action, and have the ability to deep dive on data and drive for results.
· Possess a business development and sales background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large enterprise and mid-market customers.
· Have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives.
· Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute on sales plays and initiatives.
· Have done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and have a background that enables them to create scalable programs.
· Comfortable assisting in an opportunity sales cycle and can partner with various teams to (Account Executive, Solutions Architect, etc.) develop, propose and close new business.
· Lead senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explore how the new enterprise service can help address and resolve these issues.
· Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years professional experience in program management and business development, driving revenue
· 3+ years experience working directly with or in a state, local, or federal HHS organizations on HHS technology initiatives
· 3+ years in the technology industry
Preferred Qualifications· MBA or advanced college degree preferred
· Experience in and demonstrated understanding of cloud services, complex cloud services engagements, and the various marketplace definitions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, hybrid, private, public, community, etc.)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
WWPS SLG HCLS