Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a dynamic communications leader to join the Worldwide Field Communications team. Our team’s mission is to connect the AWS field organization, at scale, with the information they need to engage with their workplace and colleagues, operate efficiently, and serve customers.
Serving as thought leader and subject matter expert, you will partner with Sales and Operations leadership to build high-impact internal communication programs that promote awareness and adoption of major business initiatives across a global sales organization. You will think creatively and strategically about the right mix of communication tactics and channels, craft engaging messaging and content that capture readers’ attention, and continually ideate new and exciting ways to communicate with employees.
This role is both highly strategic and hands-on, requiring an entrepreneurial big thinker who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer and communicator, have an unwavering attention to detail, and be able to thrive in a lean, fast-paced environment with grace and efficiency.
This role can be based in Seattle, New York City, or the San Francisco Bay Area.
· Build and execute end-to-end communication programs that enable AWS field employees to adopt key operational processes, programs, and change initiatives.
· Partner with internal stakeholders to define key messages, positioning, and calls to action.
· Distill technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications. Write compelling copy for a variety of mediums and channels, including email, digital, video, graphic, and visual communications.
· Cultivate a distinctive and consistent voice and brand experience that resonates with a global audience.
· Contribute to building toolkits, templates, and frameworks to promote self-service and communication best practices across the organization.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
· 10+ years’ communications or marketing experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Experience driving marketing and communication campaigns from concept to completion with minimal guidance.
· Excellent copywriting and editing skills, including rewriting, optimizing, and editing content from subject matter experts.
· Experience creating content for a variety of channels and mediums: digital, written, video, or visual communications materials.
· Experience influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
Preferred Qualifications· Strong project management skills and experience, including managing multiple internal stakeholders and projects at once.
· Ability to quickly absorb complex information across a variety of disciplines and translate to clear, compelling communications.
· Proven ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Comfortable presenting ideas to internal stakeholders at all levels, receptive of feedback, and quick to apply changes.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.