At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT. As part of the core AWS account team you, the Sr Customer Solutions Manager, will help our customers to arrive in the future. You will work across AWS teams and apply your technical and program management expertise to some of the most complex and challenging technology problems today.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM), you will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS Publishers customers as they work towards AWS adoption to support their missions. Through collaboration with AWS sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams, you will be responsible for guiding the customer through the operational, educational and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey.
Successful CSMs combine business knowledge, project management expertise, and technical acumen to clear roadblocks and deliver solutions to accelerate the migration journey for our customers. Specifically, you will serve as the primary point of contact for information technology-related questions around cloud services and will work with all stakeholders to define needs, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to all necessary parties. Additionally, you will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a calm and level-headed discipline, solid technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. You will leverage this unique skill set to influence your team’s decisions and help drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We need you to be passionate about our customers, delivering a great experience, and you must love contributing to a team goal.
Seeking a candidate who is willing to pass the Certified Solution Architect, Associate level within the first year of employment.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of experience delivering complex IT programs with large-scale impact.
· 5+ years of experience and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Bachelor’s degree in STEM field, or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· AWS Certification: either AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Certified Solution Architect, Associate.
· Experience delivering AWS/cloud services.
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· PMP or related project management certification, or equivalent experience.
· Experience with Agile methodology.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: