Would you like to become part of the team that is redefining the way IT is delivered to U.S. Department of Defense mission owners? Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) team working with the DoD on transitioning mission workload development to AWS. You will work with the AWS account managers, AWS solution architects, and AWS service team subject matter experts to remove obstacles, solve customer problems, and facilitate mission workload transformation. The ideal candidate will bring both system engineering and business development skills/interests to this position. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary technical and project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable solutions on AWS. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. The Technical Delivery Manager will interact with a broad cross section of Amazon Web Services spanning a wide range of technologies to meet specific national security requirements and mission delivery.
• Meet regularly with national security mission owners and mission workload development team leads to determine workload development/transition status, identify and remove development blockers, and develop plans for future enhancements.
• Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
• Work with mission owners and workload development teams to coordinate access to AWS subject matter experts, solutions architects, and professional service engineers.
• Track and report workload transformation and capacity planning metrics to mission owners and AWS WWPS to ensure capacity and professional resources are provided ahead of demand.
• Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
• Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first-call to active project/program moving to AWS.
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in information technology management, computer science or software engineering required.
· 6+ years of industry experience in program management, with a record of successful delivery of IT solutions as an individual/team leader and technical contributor.
· 6+ years experience with software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment) and with defining schedules and managing resource dependencies.
· 6+ years of experience implementing IT and security solutions at scale within the national security or defense communities.
· 3+ years of professional writing, presentation development and speaking skills in national security or defense community settings.
Preferred Qualifications· Strong understanding of U.S. Federal Mandates, Security, Standards and Compliance for national security mission systems operating in a multi-tenant infrastructure/platform as a service environment.
· Demonstrated performance designing large scale production IT solutions architected for multi-tenant infrastructure and platform as a service – cloud computing environments, AWS specifically.
· Demonstrated ability to make things better and resourceful, working with mission owners to deliver solutions that enhance the end users experience and advance mission capabilities.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customer mission stakeholders to meet unique customer requirements
· Synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. This includes coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy AWS resources effectively.
· Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration
· Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
· Ability to drive innovation independently.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
· DoD clearance (up to TS/SCI)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.