At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT. As part of the core AWS account team you, the Technical Delivery Manager, will help our customers to arrive in that future. You will work across AWS teams and apply your technical and project management expertise to some of the most complex and challenging technology problems today.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will have the opportunity to work closely with sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams and customers. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to scope work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to customers. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. You will evangelize on behalf of AWS and influence customers at an executive level to allocate the appropriate resources to achieve their goals.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, strong technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team’s decisions and help us drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, while understanding and identifying opportunities for customers.
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS products and services.
· Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement.
· Assist customer in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practices implementations.
· Assist in developing long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team
· Travel moderately as necessary
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of experience leading complex, large-scale, IT or technical or engineering programs and projects
· 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role, leading and engaging with customers, technologists and/or partners
· Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience
· Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, Agile or other
Preferred Qualifications· Direct experience implementing cloud services
· Support and operation experience in a 7×24 environment.
· Experience in a lead role supporting a large programs
· Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/stateandlocal/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.