Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented, self-directed Sr. Events Manager to lead events in the Americas region. This is a unique opportunity to play a key, visible role in an exciting, fast-growing business.
As the Sr. Events Manager, you will be responsible for defining the strategy, driving the planning process, and executing on large-scale live events in the Americas region.
· Define the large events strategy including building an investment model with triggers for event activities and prioritization of resources
· Create ambitious event plans and goals
· Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches
· Execute events at the highest level and continuously raise the bar on content and the customer experience
· Build processes for repeatability and scalability of events activities
· Align event activities with business priorities and across stakeholder groups
· Quantify business results of all activities with data-driven analysis
· Develop the center of excellence for events execution in the Americas, establish best practices, and facilitate replication of best practices across the region
Basic Qualifications· Minimum 6-8 years of events marketing experience in a technology environment
· At least 5 years of experience overseeing very large-scale events (thousands of attendees)
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable results and building strong teams.
· Proven ability to build strong collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and virtual teams.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or a relevant field of study.
Preferred Qualifications· Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget and delivering programs on time.
· Willingness to travel up to 50%.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an executive level audience and an innate attention to detail.