Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a sales leader for the State & Local Government business. The leader will be responsible for driving awareness and adoption of State and Local Government workloads on AWS’s global cloud computing platform. Would you like to create business strategies and continue to build a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS? Do you have the business savvy, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leading cloud platform provider within this high growth market?
As an Enterprise State & Local Government Sales Leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include growing and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market awareness in the State & Local Government market segment. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the Commercial Sales, Public Policy, Legal, Marketing, Contracts and Executive leadership along the way.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sale representatives with engagements at the CXO level.
You should also be located in Michigan or Wisconsin and ready to grow the business to and throughout this territory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Continue to hire and build out an enterprise sales team
· Assign sales territories, set goals and quota, and ensure proper training programs for the sales team
· Manage and coach the sales team to optimal performance
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined region
· Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Expect moderate travel
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/stateandlocal/
Basic QualificationsBasic qualifications
· 10 + years of experience providing technology solutions for Public Sector including State and Local Governments
· 8+ years of experience driving growth through and with cross-functions including Sales, Marketing and Segmentation, Channel and Partner Development, Public Policy, Legal and other organizations
· 5+ years of experience supporting multi-vertical, global businesses that include Healthcare, Justice and Public Safety, Smart Cities, Transportation, Human Services
· In-depth experience working with transformative technology including cloud, IoT, business intelligence, analytics
· BS level degree or equivalent experience
Preferred QualificationsPreferred qualifications
· Cloud sales experience
· Experience influencing key stakeholders
· Proven experience with consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
· Extensive customer network
· Leadership experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.