Are you a risk management & security assurance thought leader who can address the challenges of migrating healthcare & life sciences (HCLS) systems and workloads to the public cloud? Are you skilled at helping customers and partners to address their HIPAA enterprise risk management requirements for personal health information (PHI)? Do you want to learn the latest in cloud web services technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services Global Security and Infrastructure team is looking for a Healthcare & Life Sciences Security Assurance Senior Practice Manager. This person should have a successful history of delivering HIPAA compliant best-in-class solutions, managing world-class talent, and possess the drive and experience to scale both to effectively meet the needs of our enterprise customers around the world.
In the Global Security & Infrastructure team within the Professional Services organization, we’re hiring executive advisors and highly technical architects to help AWS partners develop technical expertise and capacity. The Global S&I team operates under the following tenets:
· Adoption: We provide production-ready solutions that enable customers to operate with reliability, agility, and security at planetary scale. We accelerate platform adoption by creating the confidence in our customers to move their sensitive workloads to AWS.
· Innovation: We innovate on behalf of customers in partnership with AWS Service Teams based on ProServe engagements. Our solutions work backwards to create an iterative body of work that improves the customer’s current operating environment and enables them to evolve their business in novel ways.
· Specialization: We build domains of practice that foster expertise, collaboration, and technology, yielding bar raising outcomes for customers and consultants. Specialization aligns with AWS Service team priorities, allows us to scale with confidence, and enables continuous identification and proliferation of validated best practices.
· Reliability: We operationalize the shared responsibility model for customers, enabling them to confidently and effectively manage risk at every level. Security and quality are top priorities in every aspect of our business.
· Inclusive Leadership: Our team is comprised of leaders, some of which are managers. We invest in diversity, and ask everyone to utilize their unique skills and capacity to find a path to global leadership & impact through their work.
The Sr. Practice Manager will build a high functioning relationship with their sales counterparts to execute a fast paced go-to-market strategy while leading internal practice & professional development programs to ensure our team & customers are continually raising the bar. The Sr. Practice Manager will have a team of direct reports that are multi-disciplined to develop a long term strategy and execution plan within their HCLS customer accounts & develop the domain of practice globally within Professional Services.
This individual will evolve into a trusted adviser for our HCLS enterprise customers and requires the skills to excel at all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery oversight and program management in their accounts. The ability to thread the needle on compliance and put security architecture in place are important; particularly in the context of HIPAA. We expect you to stay close to the details of building & operating compliance programs; and personally make an impact in addition to leading through others.
· Hiring, developing and retaining top talent focused on HCLS workloads with PHI and similarly sensitive data
· Seek out customer feedback to refine existing offerings & create new ones
· Daily oversight of a rigorous compliance program
· Identification and development of specific customer opportunities and supporting business cases
· Planning and implementation of a portfolio of projects both customer facing engagements and internal programs, including budget and delivery responsibilities
· Inspire customers and your team
· Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient
Basic QualificationsBasic qualifications
· 10+ years experience in IT security, compliance, risk management, data privacy, or security controls.
· Deep understanding of the relevant HCLS industry standards and regulations (e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, GDPR, etc)
· 5+ years experience leading teams & implementing enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a global enterprise environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Security, Business or equivalent experience required
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed
Preferred Qualifications· Experience in building governance, risk, and compliance teams implementing programs which accommodate a global regulatory environment
· Demonstrated track record for managing a P&L on a professional services business
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Experience with risk assessment methodologies and risk reporting for executive leadership
· Proven background in clearly writing complex technical documents that can be presented across a varied enterprise corporate audience
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an executive presence
· CISSP, CISA, CISM, or HITRUST Practitioner certification is preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: http://www.amazon.jobs aws-solarch-na