We are seeking a self-starter to lead and own revenue generation in a division of one of AWS’s largest government global accounts. The role requires a team player with focus on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with internal stakeholders directly to reinvent their IT strategy and mode of mission delivery by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions.
As an Account Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology in one of our most critical accounts. Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing customer as they serve government missions in the Department of Defense and National Intelligence communities. You will drive business and technical relationships and launch customers at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key cloud related opportunities. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the commercial sales, legal, marketing, product, contracts and executive leadership teams along the way.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions within the larger account and with the community of partners that support the global account and its customers. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement at an executive level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Drive revenue and market share within the global account business area.
· Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
· Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team in helping to drive adoption of the overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the public sector.
· Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· In coordination and collaboration with others on the global account teams, prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies to align with revenue growth expectations.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
Preferred Locations: DC Area
Basic Qualifications· Minimum of 10 years of enterprise sales and/or program/product management experience with a focus on Federal Government customers.
· Minimum of five years of sales experience selling enterprise software, hardware, networking infrastructure, managed hosting services or cloud computing services.
· BA/BS degree required
· Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts.
Preferred Qualifications· Solid Technical background in software applications, networking, big data analytic tools, web app development, etc.
· Track record for exceeding quota
· Direct experience selling to DoD and the intelligence community
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Extensive customer network
· Security clearance a plus
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.