Would you like to help build the AWS Cloud Computing business in the Department of Defense (DoD)? Would you like to be part of a growing team focused on cloud transformation and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key DoD customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategies?
As a Senior Sales Executive for Amazon Web Services (AWS) on the DoD Team, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services.
In this role, you will:
· Develop a growing book of business across the Joint DoD community.
· Drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
· Establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment.
· Have day-to-day interactions with these agencies.
· Have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels.
· Have a technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects. Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· Be able to travel as necessary.
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of Information Technology quota-carrying sales experience
· 5+ years selling to DoD
· 1+ years experience with the fundamentals of cloud computing with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between Cloud providers
· 1+ years experience and relationships with Federal Systems Integrator and Business Partner ecosystem supporting DoD
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
· 3+ years experience working within the software development and cloud computing industry highly desired
· 3+ years selling to the DoD Defense Agencies/4th Estate Customers
· Masters Degree and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
For more information:
This position requires that the candidate selected obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.