Do you have a knack for analyzing business deals, and for developing deal terms that represent a win-win for all parties? Can you take complex scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting elegant terms that are easy to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and communicating streamlined deal workflows, and building consensus around approaches?
If so, we are looking for a strong Strategic Customer Engagement Specialist within AWS that who is able to manage the various critical phases of the Deal ( and , Negotiations, and Closure) in conjunction with the Account Team and local / management. This includes the following phases: and , Negotiations and Closure.
Your responsibilities will be focused on our Enterprise Discount Program (EDP), which is the construct. This is a customer facing role and is responsible with the field for the and , execution and closure of the EDPs both with the customer and internally through the AWS approval process, coordinating critical phases of multiple cycles (, , Negotiations and Closure).
Will have exceptional skills in the following Execution phases: , , Negotiations and Closure.
: This individual will work with the Account Team to set objectives. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive structures and create an actionable to execute the .
: You will be able understand the business objectives and create a structure that maximizes the value of the opportunity and achieving’s business objectives. The individual works with the Account Team on the opportunity to establish the Bill of Material and Commercial Structure based on various factors: competitive situation, historical purchasing pattern by customer, size of project, and timing. Based on this, the individual can work with the account team to prepare and, in conjunction, present the proposal.
Negotiations: You will have experience to be involved with or advise on customer negotiations, including commercial aspects of the structure. The individual understands the impact of terms that impact Revenue Recognition, Pricing, Legal, etc. and provide alternative solutions to the Customer (or Account Team).
Closure: Will be able to assist the Account Team and customer in final closure of any contractual/legal issues for the , including assisting on briefing senior management on issues and driving approvals.
Have the ability to:
· Formulate, set, and manage with account team to accelerate sales cycle
· Initial planning around the opportunity to maximize value
· Confirm key decision makers and their decision making process
· Engage with Customer to evaluate business issues and requirements
· Identify key levers to create compelling event to drive closure
· Advise and discuss competitive positioning
· Advise and construct optimal commercial structure addressing competition and customer requests and business outcomes.
· Lead or support presentation of proposal to customer
· Develop for pricing and discount structure to maximize value
· Formulate competitive financial models (e.g., cash flow, NPV, comparisons, etc.) to use as comparative tools to grow opportunity
· Craft to address competitor’s pressures
Define and own close plan with Account Team and customer
Lead or support negotiations of terms and conditions of Software License and Professional Agreement
Coordinate of various Internal Teams (e.g. Finance, Legal, Approvers) involvement and input/evaluation
Basic Qualifications· 10 + years deal experience in commercial technology sales environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Qualifications· BS in business, technology or finance required, or equivalent work experience.
· Understanding of computing concepts and the AWS offering.
· Support industry, sales and media events.
· Supports the development of solid references.
· Successful track record of driving adoption of new and disruptive technologies within large multinational customers.
· Experience working with sales teams on complex and .
· Act as trusted advisor to Sales Account team to support the execution of key aspects of the sales cycle for strategic, complex, or highly competitive opportunities
· Stays current and informed on all new market trends and sales campaigns, understanding their objectives and relevance, and applying them across sales organization/region
· Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming goals achievement.
· Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
· Facilitates individual growth and development of Sales management, setting objectives, performance standards and priorities, coaching and acting as role model on sales approaches and account leadership.
· Ensures disciplined sales methodology application across management groups, resulting in consistent and accurately forecasted financial results.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation