Senior Partner Marketing Manager, Resellers & Distributors – Public Sector, US
Location: Arlington, VA (or virtual/remote)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform and more than 1 million active customers around the world trust AWS services. AWS’s culture is defined by our core leadership principles, we are customer obsessed, passionate about public cloud, innovative, data driven, strategic, and mission oriented.
AWS is seeking a highly capable, self-directed Partner Marketing Manager, to help drive awareness and customer adoption of AWS’s cloud computing solutions to/with/through Public Sector partners including Large Resellers and Distributors.
You will work both strategically and tactically and use your exceptional analytical experience to create joint marketing programs with Public Sector partners to drive sales and manage partner Marketing Development Funds (MDF) programs. If you have a passion for the cloud, love helping technology partners reach their full potential, and are an expert in designing and implementing joint marketing plans with technology partners – then we’re looking for you.
In this role, you will develop and deliver partner marketing programs that enable partners to acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the AWS partner ecosystem and Public Sector priorities to define and execute marketing plans with US partners to support growth objectives. You will work closely with strategic Reseller Aggregator partners and Distributors (RADs) to develop and execute best-in-class joint-marketing plans. You will act as the primary marketing contact for the US Public Sector PDM (sales) team, including regular participation in team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions. You will also act as the primary marketing contact and consultants for strategic partners to build and execute joint marketing plans and programs. You will constantly monitor and support partner utilization of MDF and enable appropriate spend on MDF on marketing initiatives including being an expert resource on process, guidelines and options for partners.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner marketing who has been successful in building and executing integrated marketing campaigns with partners and building compelling joint-partner value proposition content. This is a unique opportunity to play a role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
Basic Qualifications· Extensive experience (8-10 years or more) in Partner Marketing, Marketing Communications and/or high-technology Product Marketing
· Experience working with B2B partners developing marketing strategy and business plans
· Experience working with large, Enterprise-wide technology companies
· Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Technology, or other relevant field of study or equivalent experience
· Ability to travel in the US and abroad as necessary to execute marketing initiatives (~ 15%)
Preferred Qualifications· MBA preferred
· Experience working with Large resellers like Carahsoft, CDW, SHI and/or Distributors like Tech Data and Ingram Micro
· Demonstrated ability to create innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results
· Success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion
· Ability to develop best-in-class marketing assets and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
· Superior presentation and written communication skills