U.S. Partner Marketing Manager – Public Sector (SLG & GovTechs)
Arlington, VA (or virtual/remote)
Description Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly capable, self-directed Senior Partner Marketing Manager, to help drive awareness and customer adoption of AWS’s cloud computing solutions to/with/through US Public Sector GovTech partners selling to State and Local Governments (SLG).
You will work both strategically and tactically and use your exceptional analytical experience to create joint marketing programs with Public Sector partners to drive sales and manage partner MDF programs. If you have a passion for the cloud, love helping technology partners reach their full potential, and are an expert in designing and implementing joint marketing plans with GovTech partners selling in key SLG verticals (JPS, HHS, Smart Cities, Transportation) – then we’re looking for you.
In this role, you will develop strategies to deliver joint partner marketing programs that enable Pubic Sector GovTech partners to acquire new SLG customers, retain and grow existing customers and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the AWS technology partner ecosystem and Public Sector priorities to define and execute marketing plans with US partners to support growth objectives. You will work closely with top AWS Technology partners to develop and execute best-in-class joint- marketing plans. You will act as the primary marketing contact for the US GovTech partner sales, SLG account teams, and SLG partner strategists – including regular participation in team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions. You will also act as the primary marketing contact and consultant for strategic GovTech partners to build and execute joint marketing plans and programs. You will constantly monitor and support partner utilization of MDF and enable appropriate spend of MDF on marketing initiatives as well as serve as an expert resource on process, guidelines and options for partners.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner marketing who has been successful in building and executing integrated marketing campaigns with partners and building compelling joint-partner value proposition content. This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and execute best-in-class marketing strategy and plans to drive awareness, leads, customer adoption, and usage of the AWS platform through GovTech Partners selling to State and Local Government agencies and organizations.
• Develop integrated marketing campaigns for to-partner and through-partner execution
• Create innovative programs to scale efforts to support the US Public Sector ecosystem of partners selling in SLG market
• Collaborative partner with sales and business development teams to ensure that the field has the right technical, marketing and sales content needed to present to/with our partner ecosystem
*Travel, in the US and abroad, as necessary to execute marketing initiatives
Basic Qualifications• 10+ years of relevant work experience in Partner Marketing, Channel Marketing, Alliance Marketing, and/or high-technology Product Marketing
• Experience working with B2B partners developing marketing strategy and business plans
• Experience working with large, Enterprise-wide technology companies
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Technology, or other relevant field of study or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel in the US and abroad as necessary to execute marketing initiatives (~15%)
Preferred Qualifications• Experience in the SLG market (JPS, HHS, Smart X, Transportation)
• MBA preferred
• Familiar working with technology and ISV partners like Tyler Technology, Appriss, Mark43 or Opengov.
• Demonstrated ability to create innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results
• Success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion
• Ability to develop best-in-class marketing assets and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Superior presentation and written communication skills