Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the engineering team and will be responsible for project managing new building planning, design and pre-construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Pre-Construction Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the North American facility network infrastructure. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
· Obtain and document all specifics regarding projects from site selection and transaction management. Research and compile all available information for site.
· Provide coordination of all engineering and architectural specifications for each building type – including but not limited to internal composite coordination, site-specific information including site surveys, existing drawings and site visits, transportation and traffic control, internal BRS requirements, and specific LOB requirements/standards.
· Coordinate initial architectural design and permit submittals as required.
· Develop and provide supporting documents for lease execution – for example, site plans, work letters, schedules, phasing plans, etc.
· Develop initial construction schedules and sequences for phasing of construction if necessary.
· Creation of construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts.
· Manage due diligence, utility and other coordination efforts prior to construction hand-off.
· Provide complete and accurate documentation for construction handoff including but not limited to contacts, drawings, permit status, lease language & exhibits, capital request breakdown, any LL contributions or reimbursements, and any other work product that has been completed by Pre-Construction.
· Maintain repository for all pre-construction work product by site.
· Ability to travel throughout North America approximately 20% of the time.
Basic Qualifications· Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field; or 2 years Amazon experience
· 10+ years of experience as an engineer or construction manager
· Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
· Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
· Experience leading and managing a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or Construction Management
· Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ age