Amazon Studios is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Development Coordinator to support the development teams in Argentina, Colombia and Chile.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate will also have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills and have the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
Key responsibilities include:
· Organize meetings and events.
· Act as a liaison to other Amazon Studios departments.
· Evaluate the quality of scripts and offer creative feedback.
· Track writers and directors.
· Create weekly development reports
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum of 2 year of development/script-reading experience
· Strong Story skills.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint.
· The position is located in Miami and reports into the head of development for the region
Preferred Qualifications· Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
· Previous experience as an assistant at an agency, studio or production company a plus.
· Previous experience working as a story analyst, story editor, or in film development a plus.
· Strong knowledge of film industry trends and players.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
· Creative problem-solver.
· Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.