At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our North America Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) organization as a Principal Program Manager. In this role, you will work closely with the NACF and World Wide (WW) EHS Operations (Ops) Special Projects Leaders, and will have a strong delivery record and leadership experience to own, influence, and execute strategic, cross-functional EHS projects across NACF Operations businesses’ and regions.
This role is a key part of the special projects leadership team to facilitate the needed execution delivery, change management and communication processes to align the organization to drive a committed safety, health and wellness culture.
Key Strategic Objectives:
· Develop an innovative, comprehensive roadmap for injury intervention implementation.
· Identify regional and business best practices and share learnings globally across all stakeholders.
· In partnership with Operations, deep dive existing controls / process gaps across geographies, map current state and drive integration of global standards, systems, processes and roles.
· In partnership with other Project Leaders and NACF Business Leadership, operationalize the cross-regional coordination opportunities that improve processes and associate experience.
· Working with business teams across NACF Ops to define requirements and high level process / system solutions; leverage and influence cross-functional business, engineering, Amazon Robotics (AR), data research and development teams and managing the timelines for all EHS projects to support on-time launches. This position involves regular communication with project sponsors on status, risks and change control.
· Establish monitoring mechanisms to ensure strategic objectives are implemented and best practices/ systems shared across regions.
· Identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in the NACF Ops network, and delivery to our clients and customers. This involves building collaborative relationships within the organization and preparing the analysis summary of project opportunities to determine the priority and feasibility of potential projects.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations and VP leadership to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
· Leader: Significant experience in leveraging and influencing cross-functional teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
· Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end projects, working through the many obstacles along the way. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
· Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business, EHS and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
· Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges. The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of EHS within the company
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree from an accredited university
· 10+ years of relevant program/project management experience
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous environment, inclusive of analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
– Ability to think strategically and creatively while executing methodically with a high bar and attention to detail, operational excellence and ability to multi-task
– Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and international environment, to lead by influence and earn trust at all levels
· Experience defining technical requirements and working with systems resources
Preferred Qualifications· MBA, MS or MA (Safety,Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing or Equivalent)
· 5+ years of experience delivering mission critical technology solutions to scale programs and improve efficiency
· In-depth knowledge and practical skills in applying Lean Six Sigma philosophy and methodology
· 5+ years of EHS specialist experience
· Ability to develop and implement operational processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams
· Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
· Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age