The Site WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company safety policies and ensure to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. The Multi Site WHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data .
The Multi Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. The Multi Site WHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. The Multi Site WHS Manager will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The Multi Site WHS Manager will be responsible to lead a team of hourly safety team members: Safety Specialist, Safety Coordinators, Onsite first aid Associates. This individual must and execute leadership development plans for their Safety Associates on their team. They must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional.
Safety Manager Responsibilities:
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure to all applicable Amazon Safety Procedures
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety procedures. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze safety and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non- equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit recordkeeping practices and entries to ensure to global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Manage and mentor Safety Associates in your assigned FC.
· Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Basic Qualifications· 3+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience managing multiple direct reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
· Must be flexible regarding shifts.
Preferred Qualifications· Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Certified Safety Professional preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy