Our team is seeking a Multi-Site Workplace, Health, and Safety (WHS) Manager who will support the Amazon Physical Retail operations. Amazon Stores is a unique extension of Amazon.com that focuses on in-person shopping experiences through our retail stores. This role has the unique responsibility of providing technical support and tactical execution to ensure the safety of both internal and external customers across multiple physical retail locations. You will be responsible for partnering with Physical Retail operations teams along with the Global WHS team to execute company health and safety procedures, and ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations. Utilizing risk assessments compliance evaluations to make data driven decisions, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to minimize risk and implement best practices for retail stores.
You must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You must possess proficiency in health and safety programs and be able to apply regulatory knowledge and demonstrate expertise when working with teams throughout the US Operations. You will need to thrive on delivering results in a customer-facing environment while leading strategy for execution across multiple stores in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
Your Characteristics: You’re an innovative and passionate leader who loves working with people in the field to improve WHS processes and performance. You on thrive working without a script in an emerging market that changes daily. While ambiguity is a norm, you bring vision, prioritization, and integrity.
You understand when to own a decision and when to get input from others. You have a strong bias for action; you’re self-starting, tenacious, and results-oriented. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you.
– Possess a good understanding of local, state and federal regulations and company policy
– Monitor and provide guidance on stores’ performance against applicable environmental, health, and safety regulations, programs and Amazon global policies
– Ensure store leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
– Provide strategic WHS support and regulatory review for future business growth and expansion
– Partner with operations support team and technology development in supporting the change management process
– Measure and analyze stores’ performance against published requirements in environmental, health and safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the stores/region to implement and fix all identified deficiencies
– Lead implementation of the Amazon WHS programs
– Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and timely managed
– Conduct environmental, health and safety risk assessments and audits as necessary
– Ensure accuracy of WHS recordkeeping and data integrity and provide accurate metrics to support business WHS initiatives.
– Ensure compliance regulatory requirements and Amazon program tasks are current
– Assist retail stores with action plan development for any deficiencies noted from trends, audits and inspections
– Facilitate root cause analyses for all environmental, health and safety incidents and recommend appropriate corrective actions for network implementation
– Show initiative to identify and implement corrective actions to eliminate any observed non-compliance or potential non-compliance situations
– Measure the business and stores’ performance against published requirement in WHS policies. Identify a plan for the store to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
– Ensure store leadership and Associate are trained of their responsibilities under each policy.
– Audit the quality, delivery, and effectiveness of all required WHS training.
– Regular visit to monitor their stores compliance and seek inputs from store leadership team, and associates on WHS program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
– Analyze WHS metrics and project initiatives and report out during weekly and monthly business review.
– Communicate with the leadership team for incident trends and allocate appropriate resource to mitigate the risk.
Partner with Global Retail WHS team to leverage best practices in network standards.
Basic Qualifications– Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, occupational health and engineering, or related field.
– 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in Environmental, Health, and Safety programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
– Experience leading change in multiple site environment and partnering with multiple leaders in region.
– Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
– Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with store leaders, Regional leaders, and National leader.
– Strong working experience with US regulatory requirements and comfortable in engaging with Regulatory Agency.
– Must be willing to travel up to 75%
Preferred Qualifications· Broad knowledge of global environmental, health and safety regulations
· Experience in retail, warehouse, or manufacturing is preferred
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy Comfortable working with data systems to analyze and present to leadership teams
· Have experience working with ISO standards
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us