Are you a passionate leader with the desire to disrupt current health and safety practices and driven to reduce risks associated with musculoskeletal injuries in a very practical, business focused approach? We are expanding our team and looking for talented Senior Ergonomist for our field ergonomics team which support our businesses across North and South America. In this role you will provide technical expertise by applying a variety of scientific techniques, standardized assessments and problem-solving skills to drive innovative solutions for musculoskeletal disorders and optimize performance. You will work collaboratively with our Workplace Health and Safety field operations, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources, Workers’ Compensation and other stakeholders to develop risk controls that are fit for purpose and effective. This includes working closely with a team of other ergonomists who work in the field and partnering with our WW Engineering Industrial Design Ergonomics. You must be innovative, willing to think outside of the traditional paradigm, and excel at devising practical solutions to prevent injury. You will need to be able to travel within North and South America (at least 40% of time).
The ideal candidate shall:
· Use a variety of ergonomic tools and methods to assess and quantify risk both pre and post intervention.
· Be design driven, using data analysis and assessment to provide realistic recommendations and actions.
· Initiate, formulate, and develop multi-disciplinary/multi-stakeholder projects targeting reduction of musculoskeletal risks and enhancing human performance.
· Demonstrate a systems approach that considers the broader context of the human in the environment.
· Research and collect background and historical multi-source information specific to topical areas using both internal data sources as well as with being actively aware of external trends.
· Be passionate about using data to facilitate and drive business decisions. You will identify key trends through deep dive analysis (including statistical modelling) and establish testable project hypotheses.
· Work across multiple teams such as operations, technology designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct evaluations, and generate concepts, design specifications, and usability goals.
· Develop white papers.
· Stay current on trends in technology, industry and legislation that could necessitate adjustments or provide improvement to our ergonomic programs and initiatives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in ergonomics, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or related fields with a strong emphasis in physical ergonomics/occupational biomechanics.
· 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in manufacturing, production, or service operations or the ability to show us how your other industry experience will benefit our workplaces.
· 2+ years direct experience in in industrial settings as a physical human factor/ergonomics engineer.
· Knowledge and skill applying a variety of field ergonomic methods, including, but not limited to: the NIOSH Lifting Equation and its derivatives, the Strain Index, OCRA, psycho-physical limits, the Recommended Cumulative Recovery Allowance, anthropometry, Metabolic Energy Expenditure equations.
· Knowledge and skill using digital human modelling applications including but not limited to: 3DSSPP, Siemens Jack, Santos, or equivalent.
· Strong analytical and statistical background to include quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
· Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong project management skills, with demonstrable ability to function and collaborate in a flexible, detail-oriented, fast-paced team environment in a changing and growing organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· A self-starter with the ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables.
· Possess the ability to interact positively and in a professional manner in diverse settings and to work cooperatively in team settings. Flexibility in responding to changing demands, timelines, and priorities is also required.
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks while meeting and exceeding deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree from an accredited US university, or international university of equivalent standard.
· Knowledge and skill applying predetermined motion time systems including but not limited to: MTM, MOST, MODAPTS or equivalent.
· Knowledge and skill with CAD applications is advantageous.
· Programming/scripting using Python or Matlab advantageous.
· Ergonomic Certification (AEP, CPE or equivalent), or ability to become certified required.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.