At Amazon we are building a world class last mile operation with Amazon Flex as a cornerstone of this strategy. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors – called delivery partners – to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, delivery partners act as their own boss, build their own schedule, and choose from different types of delivery opportunities (e.g., Whole Foods Market, Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Amazon Logistics), all while making great earnings. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in concert with our advanced systems, allowing delivery partners to sign in, grab an offer, check out a map of the delivery locations, and more.
We are building a team of field-based Program Managers in various regions across North America, including Austin, Nashville, Miami, and more. In partnership with the centralized Amazon Flex Business Operations team located in Bellevue, WA, field-based AmFlex Regional Program Managers will own the delivery partner experience, business inputs/outputs, local support for new business and location launches, and identifying and resolving operational challenges for all delivery stations in their region. They will be part of a fast-paced team that creates deep relationships with site operators in their region and translates on-the-ground insights into North America-wide process improvements. This role requires sound judgment in ambiguous situations, the ability to stay focused when working autonomously, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders across various levels in the organization.
This role will:
· Own station- and region-level Flex performance vs. business goals;
· Deep dive and execute solutions to gaps to goals, exercising extremely high judgment ;
· Provide real-time, on-the-ground support for delivery partners, site operations, and central Flex teams;
· Collaborate with station operations on solving issues impacting delivery partners;
· Share best practices across regions and delivery programs;
· Troubleshoot gaps between product/policy/process and delivery partner experience;
· Travel on short notice to sites for ad-hoc/escalated requests;
· Verify that program policies are functional and consistently enforced.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon experience;
· Proficiency analyzing data using Excel;
· Direct program or operations management experience with excellent customer service skills, including work prioritization, planning, and stakeholder management;
· Experience leading new program, defining new processes, and continuously improving;
· Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to analyze quantitatively and problem-solve efficiently;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment;
· Experience working with distributed teams, often in different time zones.
Preferred Qualifications· Customer Service/Operations Management/Fulfillment Center experience;
· Experience with transportation and/or logistics