Physical Location: Peoria, Illinois
Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of customers, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Amazon operations team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, to work closely with our retail and operations partners across the globe in order to effectively manage volume flows and fullness for our fulfillment centers and delivery stations. The role requires heavy index on dive deep, bias for action, and ownership.
Amazon obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs and other large items like furniture to customers’ homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install and sometimes even do tests, hauling away old items as needed.
Our Assistant Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of an Amazon Delivery Station which includes inbound, outbound and sortation operations. Delivery Stations represent the last leg of our delivery network. Customer packages travel from our Fulfillment Centers to regional Sort Centers and finally end up at our local Delivery Stations where packages are sorted and dispatched directly to the customer via delivery service partners (couriers).
Assistant Managers will actively engage with site and regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations.
Key Job Duties
· Perform supervisory duties including ensuring your team is properly trained, administering policies, and addressing performance or personnel issues
· Motivate, coach, and provide feedback to the team
· Oversee the delivery of Amazon orders to customers
· Build, optimize, and assign delivery routes on your shift
· Communicate with and respond to Amazon Customer Service associates on delivery exceptions and requests
· Support Amazon operations leadership team in daily operations management of the delivery station, including route assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
· Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary
· Review and update SOPs as required
· Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and work on continuous improvement initiatives
· Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays in a warehouse setting with varying temperatures
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities, with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include:
· Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during shifts
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 12 hours a day
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely
· Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
Basic Qualifications·High School Diploma or equivalent diploma
·Direct management experience for employees and their performance
Preferred Qualifications· 2+ years of experience leading employees in a retail, distribution, or logistics environment
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques
· Experience leveraging problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
· Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) across various levels of an organization
· History of meeting/exceeding departmental goals
· Capable of providing direction to team members using independent judgment
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and task delegation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women/ Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.