Do you have a passion for Education, Hospitals and Medical Research? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If yes, you should consider joining the AWS education team. The AWS Education team is looking for a customer-obsessed Program Manager to lead key programs across Academic Medical Centers.
The successful candidate will enjoy diving deep into data, identifying gaps and opportunities, and design/implement long-term solutions in collaboration with business development managers, sales teams, business operations, and marketing teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative, analytical, creative, and fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate must have the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results no matter the obstacles. Finally, the candidate must also be a strong communicator and influencer, with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively with multiple stakeholders to drive meaningful change.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Centralize and lead operations management of the business development team
· Build and manage project schedules and portfolio planning to support key deliverables
· Continuously monitor key metrics
· Plan and coordinate key customer events including facilitation and action item management
· Partner with leaders to develop business rhythms such as recurrent meetings and actions
· Manage risk by bridging interdepartmental dependencies
Key Responsibilities include:
· Execute and drive team program/project delivery, execution, and adoption across multiple organizations and teams
· Measure and report effectiveness of business development programs
· Collaborate with stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
· Execute on communications strategy to stakeholders
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with different priorities
· Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
· Own the business cadence and governance (weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews) for area of responsibility
· Coordinate annual planning and other adhoc planning cycles
· Own goals/performance reporting and data integrity (Salesforce, other Tools as needed)
Preferred location: San Diego,CA or West Coast
For more information: https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of software project or program management experience within a BD, sales, consulting, or engineering organization
· 5+ years of experience leading cross functional program or portfolio activities including presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and for external organizations
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Strong project management tool knowledge, and ability to work across many different project management tools.
· Credible knowledge base of healthcare industry and innovative healthcare technology software.
· Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· PMP Certification or equivalent.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco OR Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.