Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced operations manager to support AWS global sales events, including the annual Worldwide Sales Kickoff (SKO) and Regional Technical Summit Series.
In this role, you will support the Head of Global Sales Events in all aspects of event operations and execution, including sourcing, third party vendor management, pre-event and onsite logistics, plus overall budget management. You will drive the events operations plan based on high-level engagement and strategy inputs from key stakeholders. You will build relationships with Amazon Finance, Travel, and Procurement teams to implement economies of scale across all AWS sales events and cost-saving mechanisms.
The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized and detail-oriented individual with a track record of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities, and successfully resolving issues. You are an effective leader and strong communicator who can lead and influence stakeholders across multiple levels and disciplines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are calm under pressure, and bring a “find a way” attitude to your work.
· Devises operational and business goals for the function that focuses on internal customer program/event objectives and outcomes.
· Works with inter-functional teams to create & manage program goals requiring joint ownership.
· Establishes measurement, reporting, and delivery management processes for effective accomplishment of goals.
· Leads venue sourcing, negotiations and contracting.
· Leads third party vendor selection, contracts and management.
· Responsible for pre-event logistics including registration, housing, travel policies.
· Responsible for on-site logistics including staffing, F&B, signage, expo hall, events.
· Partners with Finance, Travel, and Procurement to identify opportunities for economies of scale across all AWS sales events and implement cost-saving mechanisms.
· Leads overall event budget management.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of experience in the meetings or hospitality industry supporting events, both in-person and virtual, with multiple stakeholders, parallel general and breakout sessions, expos, and ancillary events.
· 5 years of corporate events experience with responsibility for corporate event planning and execution.
· Experience designing innovative event experiences for high-growth, technology companies.
· Demonstrated experience with developing operational policies and procedures, program and project management
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
Preferred Qualifications· Thinks long-term and establishes scalable/modular processes for easy adaptation to business scope changes
· Establishes and drives business communication, reviews with senior stakeholders, i.e., category leaders, business teams, and other key stakeholders for the entire function.
· Ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization with grace and efficiency.
· Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and disciplines, receptive to feedback and input from others, and quick to apply changes.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory, learning new concepts, and pushing your comfort zone.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables
· Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously
· Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization
· MBA/CMP/CMM qualifications preferred.
· Experience working with global sales organizations.
· Knowledge of AWS services.
· Experience in a B2B, high-tech company.
· Understanding of sales processes, methodologies, systems and operations.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation