Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced program manager to support the AWS Worldwide Sales Events, primarily the Global Technical Summits Series (TSS).
In this role you will plan and execute the TSS, including third party vendor management, pre-event planning, and onsite logistics execution. You will drive the event execution plan, based on high-level engagement and strategy inputs from the Technical Field stakeholders. You will coordinate all event planning and logistics utilizing rigorous project management skills and techniques for requirements gathering and to develop a master project plan. You will run the core team call cadence, identify key milestones, deliverables and dependencies, plus coordinate event communications, leadership status reports and post-event follow-up reports. You will play a lead role in ensuring all stakeholders are working together to flawlessly execute an event of the highest quality.
The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized and detail-oriented individual with a track record of managing large and complex events with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. You are an effective leader and strong communicator who can lead and influence stakeholders across multiple levels and disciplines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are calm under pressure, and bring a “find a way” attitude to your work.
· Works with inter-functional teams to create & manage program goals requiring joint ownership.
· Establishes measurement, reporting, and delivery management processes for effective accomplishment of goals.
· Manages venue sourcing, negotiations and contracts.
· Manages third party vendor contracts and engagement.
· Responsible for pre-event program management including, but are not limited to, project plan creation, event documentation version control, action list management, core team call cadence, travel management liaison, space planning, attendee management, registration and housing oversight
· Works closely with brand and content leads to ensure on-time delivery of creative assets meeting quality standards.
· Liaises with internal communications teams to build, deploy and maintain a quality event website and enabling technologies.
· Responsible for on-site execution management including, but not limited to, pre and post-con management, daily round-up meetings, registration experience, on-site staffing, F&B, signage plan, security plan, evening and ancillary events.
· Ensures event budget management tracking and reporting.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of experience in the meetings industry supporting events, both in-person and virtual, with multiple stakeholders, multiple general and breakout sessions, expos, and ancillary events.
· Corporate events experience with responsibility for planning and execution.
· Experience designing innovative event experiences for high-growth, technology companies.
· Demonstrated experience with project management methodologies in event planning.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
Preferred Qualifications· Ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization with grace and efficiency.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and disciplines, receptive to feedback and input from others, and quick to apply changes.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills.
· Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional organization.
· MBA/CMP/CMM qualifications preferred.
· Experience working with global sales organizations.
· Experience in a B2B, high-tech company.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as SalesForce, Marketo, and Cvent.