The DevOps BDM, AWS Marketplace will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with existing high-profile DevOps ISV sellers, as well as emerging start-ups. The ideal candidate will be responsible for critical aspects of the AWS Marketplace business, influencing vendors’ product strategy and delivering software in a new cloud model. The candidate will identify short-term partner and product opportunities, while laying the groundwork for longer-term, strategic DevOps ISVs and products to be added to the Marketplace. In addition, you will be responsible for defining the primary use cases for why AWS customers use the Marketplace to deploy joint ISV & AWS DevOps category solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique combination of business development, technical sales, product management and product marketing experience. The candidate will have the technical acumen and understanding of the DevOps toolchain (IDEs, Repos, CI/CD platforms), Automated Testing (including functional, performance, security, and compliance), and concepts like ‘infrastructure as code’. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about customer business problems and desired outcomes, software business models, the DevOps ecosystem competitive landscape and the product development lifecycle. The candidate should also have a proven track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with prior solution and program successes. He/she will be responsible for running the DevOps ISV software ecosystem as its own business, for recruiting and curating an optimally broad selection of DevOps applications and solutions that solve customer problems, and for providing leadership to the rest of AWS on how to best utilize Marketplace.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Define and execute the AWS Marketplace DevOps software and ISV selection strategy.
· Identify and recruit ISVs into the DevOps software ecosystem which will include emerging startups and/or established technology
· Work with existing DevOps ISV product, business development, channel and field organizations to define and execute joint go to market programs.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services.)
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a DevOps ISV/AWS value proposition.
· Work with existing DevOps ISV product, business development, channel and field organizations to define and execute joint go to market programs, executing AWS-led, jointly-led and Seller-led marketing initiatives for the purpose of generating demand and revenue.
· Advocate for the strategic and holistic adoption of AWS Marketplace by DevOps ISVs.
· Establish AWS as the Seller’s preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
· Understand the technical requirements of DevOps ISVs and serve as a conduit to AWS MP’s internal product management and engineering teams to inform and influence the direction of AWS products and features.
· Prepare and present DevOps category and ISV business reviews to the AWS Executive Leadership team.
-Internal (APN, AWS services) and external (Industry, AWS, Partner events) evangelization/public speaking.
Basic Qualifications·7+ years of partner experience, working across the DevOps software ecosystem.
Preferred Qualifications· MBA or Graduate degree.
· Director level or above.
· Experience presenting and able to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· A combination of business development, product management and product marketing experience.
· Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
· Experience working within enterprise software development industry.
· Experience working with cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Demonstrated public speaking skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age