Are you a hands-on leader that can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable connecting with sales teams driving value propositions as digging into solution definition and design with practice teams? Do you have a passion for educating and bringing the best experience to our customers? Then this is the position for you. AWS Professional Services Practice Development team is looking for a world class Product Manager to support the launch and adoption of the portfolio of packaged offerings with the AWS professional services team.
The ideal candidate possesses a mix of professional services and product management experience including the experience through the product management lifecycle and sales enablement approaches. You are expected to have strong communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to write narratives (e.g., 6-pagers, 1-pagers), define requirements, create sales enablement materials, present at training sessions, etc. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated business acumen and experience in leading product management lifecycle including launch planning and adoption management.
This role requires working closely with the ProServe Specialty Practice and Field teams to define strategy, requirements, and a plan to drive portfolio adoption during the sales and delivery stages. Excellent listening, writing skills and technical competency are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Define and document a portfolio adoption plan: Work backwards from Customer requirements? How do we position value of the packaged offerings? How we do we connect customer outcomes to a set of packaged offerings? What are the values to customers and sellers leveraging standard offerings? Perform adoption analysis and refine.
· Document Measurement Approach: Define specific metrics to measure adoption including regional, practice-centric, engagement model centric (Align/Launch/Scale/Optimize), etc.
· Portfolio Evaluation: Work closely with sales, practices, delivery and other teams to understand what’s working and not working with portfolio. Provide continuous feedback to the portfolio management process to help make adjustments and right trade-offs.
· Drive innovation through creative ideas for marketing ProServe Portfolio and enabling sales teams through facilitation of experiments/pilots.
This role requires travel time for meetings and other discussions including customer facing discussions.
Basic QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
· BS degree in computer science or equivalent relative discipline
· 7+ years’ experience in product management/marketing and/or in consulting roles for professional services or software companies
· 5+ years’ experience leading product or services management in a large-scale global organization
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Experience working with different internal and external stakeholders, including meeting facilitation skills
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to define, measure, and communicate progress via metrics
· Strong business acumen, technology understanding, analytical and collaboration skills
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
· Ability to establish cross functional, collaborative relationships
· Ability to analyze data to find trends and process gaps
· Self-starter who can deliver high-quality results in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age