Industry Specialist / Program Manager
The Special Programs, Evaluations, and Response (SPEAR) Special Testing Team (STT) responsibilities are to engage in information gathering exercises and use this information to drive change to the security posture of Amazon Web Services (AWS) sites. STT core functions include selecting, assessing and reporting security concerns to leadership and internal customers. By utilizing company-wide resources we constantly enhance AWS security posture through an independent verification process. SPEAR/STT applies appropriate assessment methodologies to evaluate security measures as well as operational risks to our employees, data, and physical assets.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing tight deadlines, being extremely flexible, driving results, detail orientated, identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating operational activities related to the physical security of AWS and its internal customers. This includes maintaining a high degree of situational awareness in a wide variety of global environments. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. You will drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. This position requires an individual that can perform independently. The candidate will be required to follow the policies, procedures, and team rules of engagement (ROE) without deviation. They must be able to deal effectively with ambiguity, as well as independent planning, making decisions, and managing operational activities that are extremely fluid. The SPEAR team operates globally 24/7. Must be able to travel 50-75% sometimes with little notice.
The successful candidate must have proven effective leadership capabilities, be innovative and creative when working to solve problems and demonstrate excellent judgment while under pressure. They will also be able to operate autonomously, use discretion when dealing with sensitive information, and apply sound business principles and data analysis to identify problems and apply appropriate actions.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
· 5+ years of working in security, hazardous, or emergency situations.
· 2+ years in a leadership role.
· 4+ years AWS Lenel experience
· 2+ years of demonstrated working knowledge of security industry standards, policies, and best practices.
· 2+ years of demonstrated working knowledge of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED).
· 2+ years of experience with MS Office Suite and programs to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook..
· Must be able to perform strenuous physical activities.
· Must be willing to work in austere environments.
· Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Track record of creative problem solving.
· Strong time management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to concisely and effectively address questions while providing subject matter expertise to management across diverse global sites.
· Proven ability to accurately take decisive action based on available information in a timely manner.
· Willingness to be active in the training, coaching, and development of the team and external organizations.
· Ability to speak additional languages (German, Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, etc.).
· Possession of any or all of the following certifications: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), or Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), etc.
· Previous law enforcement, military, investigative, technical, security, Special Operations, Red / Blue / Purple Teaming, penetration testing, or social engineering background highly desired.
· 2+ years Signals Intelligence collection, management and instruction on industry standard collection methods and techniques.
· 2+ years Open Source Intelligence collection, management and instruction on industry standard collection methods and techniques.
· Certified Ethical Hacker
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age