Would you like to give entrepreneurs, researchers, and students access to health care and life sciences data that has never been widely available before? Do you have a passion for improving the way that research institutions, businesses, and government collaborate with each other? Do you enjoy creating new business models? Do you have a passion for helping government and education customers to implement innovative IT solutions?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Technical Business Development Manager to support our customers who work with shared healthcare and life sciences datasets. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’s world-class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies in the world today.
As an Open Data Technical Business Development Manager within AWS WWPS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to foster sharing and usage of high-value health care and life sciences datasets within educational institutions and government organizations. Your responsibilities will include: supporting the sales teams while owning the technical engagements with customers and solution providers (systems integrators and ISVs), helping to define new business models, responding to RFPs, and guiding development of demonstration and proof-of-concept systems. To achieve those goals, you will gain expertise in AWS technologies, and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will…
· Be fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do and be enthusiastic about your work. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
· Enjoy working with customers and partners in the health care and life sciences sector. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers and partners working in government agencies, non profit organizations, and educational institutions.
· Have a strong understanding of large scale-cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with open data and researchers. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· 10 years of software product development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience
· 2 years of data science experience working with healthcare and life sciences tools and frameworks
· Minimum of 4 months cloud computing experience using publicly available services
Preferred Qualifications· Possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the “face” of AWS within our solution providers’
· Ability to drive discussions with senior technical and business leadership within customers and partners, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and system architects. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Background in data science and computing that enables them to easily interact with researchers and research IT organizations.
· Highly technical and analytical, possess software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
· Working knowledge of software development and engineering practices as well as Internet/web and SOA/web services technologies highly desired.
· Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, software engineering experience, etc.
· Operational experience with website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience.
· Business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, RFP/Acquisition support; etc.
· Advisory/consulting experience with research, educational institutions, state and/or local governments.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age