Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
AWS’ growth is driving more strategic agreements, and the Sales Strategy Operations and Enablement (SSOE) team has the need for a detailed, process orientated individual who will own the contract lifecycle and corresponding workflow between teams. This will include developing and managing multiple processes including deal structuring, approval management, and acting as an advisor to corresponding sales and service teams. The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment, and work autonomously.
This is a ground-up opportunity to better service our customers while ensuring there is operational efficiency between teams.
This position will be virtual.
· Manage the custom contract lifecycle including deal structuring, the creation of corresponding documentation, capturing approvals, tracking status, owning the communication between key parties
· Influence stakeholders outside the direct team, developing creative solutions for complex challenges
· Act as the primary resource for in-house reporting including operational volume forecasts, pipeline summaries, and metric tracking
· Utilize various systems to gather requirements and draft documentation including approvals and executables
· Actively participate/drive process and system improvements
· Proactively identify and implement data improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements
· Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce.com, and other data management/BI systems
· Communicate effectively across all related channels including legal, sales, service teams, and business operations
· Work to streamline upstream/downstream processes including cross-team coordination, audit processes, and program implementation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a sales environment owning contract management and operations and/or strategic deal structuring
· Business analysis and functional experience with quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications· Experience managing/creating workflows across multiple teams
· Previous sales operations experience, managing sales expectations and relationships
· Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization
· Track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Strong quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills
· Demonstrated success working in ambiguous situations and quick moving environments
· Knowledge of AWS services and products
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Other preferred locations: New York, NY/ Austin, TX/ Palo Alto, CA/ or other Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.