Have you ever thought about shifting the paradigm for how customers find, buy, and use IT software? Would you like to focus on increasing adoption and revenue of Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Amazon’s technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in web-related technologies and services. Now, with AWS you have the chance to help businesses take their computing applications into the Cloud. AWS has created a software catalog delivering application services – AWS Marketplace (http://aws.amazon.com/marketplace) – where customers can find, buy, and immediately start using software in a utility model that runs on AWS. Our job is to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered, deployed and consumed on AWS.
As the Business Development Manager for AWS Marketplace (BDM), you will help drive the growth and adoption of AWS Marketplace with Enterprise Customers. The ideal candidate possesses a business development and technical sales background to drive revenue growth to revenue goals for software purchased via AWS Marketplace. We are looking for technical sales and business savvy candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish AWS Marketplace as a key platform for software procurement and distribution. You should be self-motivated, customer-centric, and very delivery-focused with a track record of exceeding revenue goals. If you are someone who thrives in an environment where you are faced with new things every day and have the latitude to figure it out and run with it then we would like to hear from you.
The BDM will drive the adoption of AWS Marketplace with “Buyers” by working with the sellers on marketplace and collaborating with AWS Account teams to ensure products and solutions land at our customers. Primary BDM responsibilities include driving the Procurement and IT relationships around the MP programs and platform. The technical solutions include security, networking, devops, database, storage, business intelligence, ML, IoT owning the day-to-day interactions with existing customers Territory, Startup and ISV accounts to identify needs met through AWS Marketplace. BDM will align with the MP extended teams to build scale for our field facing programs. The BDM will be part of a team that serves as trusted advisor to the area sales leadership and liaison to various internal teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the knowledge of software procurement process and have the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of deploying AWS Marketplace products to CIO, CPO, VP Infrastructure, IT architects and engineering teams across the application layers of security, networking, dev/ops, database, storage, business intelligence and media. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses and be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, enterprise applications, and market analysis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Driving outcomes for customers through the adoption of the MP Service
· Technical Business Development Manager (individual contributor) that works with AWS Sales and Solution Architects to meet or exceed assigned AWS Marketplace revenue goals
· Liaison from MP for the AWS Field sales team they are aligned to as well as the extended MP team for field and ISV facing programs that align to Americas.
· Enterprise selling background, dealing with complex customer IT environments
· Exhibits proactive ability, very astute in setting customer discussions via AWS sales, Professional Services, SA, MP Chanel, MP ISV, and Partner teams
· Comfortable managing the sales adoption cycle of an opportunity and will partner with various teams to develop, propose and close new business through AWS Marketplace
· Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the Marketplace features and programs can help address and resolve these issues
· Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of AWS Marketplace products, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics for the area
· Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of AWS Marketplace products across all relevant AWS teams
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market. Travel up to 50% within assigned geography to meet with customers, prospects, partners, account teams.
Basic Qualifications· Basic Qualifications:
· 10+ years of business development roles with quota, strategic analysis, or program/product management experience
· 7+ years selling technology (software and/or services) related to one of the following software categories: security, networking, dev/ops, database, storage, business intelligence or media to Enterprise organizations
· Carried Sales Quota of greater than 1MM USD
Preferred Qualifications· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Understanding of procurement processes, systems and workflows
· Expertise with SaaS, PaaS, or enterprise-level products.
· An understanding of Amazon Web Services and its services.
· Entrepreneurial, scrappiness and ability to be hands-on while having strategic thinking.
· Understanding of the DevOps model and how to drive innovation and efficiency using the cloud.
· Proven track record and experience in product management including the ability to speak to technical and business requirements, refine needs into actionable asks and communicate to all stakeholders
· Local Business Contacts within assigned sales region
· Ability to travel regionally 50% of the time as business needs dictate
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation