Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and other services to customers all over the world at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS.
As a Business Development Manager focused on Cloud Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for using intelligence and insights to programmatically scale AWS’s cloud computing business. Your responsibilities will include removing barriers to adoption of the AWS computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. As well as partnering with the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and product teams to help win competitive sales engagements.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers, and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Must also have the capability to craft and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. The Leadership principles of Ownership and Customer Obsession are vital in this role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in driving AWS engagements with our customers and stakeholders.
· Able to handle questions or concerns about AWS value proposition
· Provide training to internal stakeholders
· Be a go-to sales resource.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Understand Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Prepare and give business reviews to management
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of Enterprise Technology experience driving large initiatives, preferably working in a business intelligence, technical engineering, or business development role
· Technical understanding of Cloud Computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms and solutions
· Clear track record of managing complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
· Experience in working in a global environment with a matrix organization.
· Proven ability to work with technical leaders and product teams with the ability to influence road maps
Preferred Qualifications· MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and analytics
· Experience developing content and solution selling to scale across thousands of sales reps and/or partners
· Demonstrable record of being detail-oriented with relatable past examples showing ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· Demonstrable Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Multilingual a plus
· Technical Certifications (Public Cloud Platforms and Services)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
· Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.