Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for developers, technical trainers or technical instructional designers who want be a part of building exciting and new courses on AWS as a Technical Curriculum Developer.
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. AWS is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24×7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. You’ll get to teach and play at the same time!
This position can be in either Seattle, Denver, Boston, San Francisco or Herndon (VA).
The qualified candidate will have excellent writing skills, a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design or technical documentation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning.
· Some travel required, primarily for event support (10-25%).
· Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Machine Learning, Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
· Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets the learning objectives.
· Utilize our automated lab and courseware publishing process built on AWS services.
· Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
· Respond to changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of innovation.
· Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations.
· Collaborate with multiple functional groups to develop training content that educates customers on the full portfolio of AWS services and features.
Basic Qualifications· 5 yrs. prior experience or knowledge of architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications.
· Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or 6 yrs. relevant work experience in technical industry required.
Preferred Qualifications· Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
· 5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
· Experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical content.
· Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer).
· Domain expertise in one or more of the following: machine learning, big data, DevOps, security, systems administration, software development, cloud technology.
· A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience teaching and developing curriculum in machine learning.
· Experience in deploying ML models for practical business use.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.