Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Sr. Communications Program Manager to join the Worldwide Field Communications team. Our team’s mission is to connect the AWS field organization, at scale, with the information they need to engage with their workplace and colleagues, operate efficiently, and serve customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving awareness and adoption of major operational initiatives across a worldwide field sales organization. This entails working backwards from ambiguous requirements to develop multi-touch communication programs and craft clear, concise communications that enable our field organization to work more efficiently and effectively.
The right candidate has proven experience developing complex multi-touch communication plans, managing multiple priorities at once, and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders. This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to thrive in a lean, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with grace and efficiency. This role is both highly strategic and hands-on – to be successful you must be willing to “roll up your sleeves” to drive the desired results.
· Build and execute end-to-end communication programs that enable AWS field employees to adopt key operational processes, programs, and change initiatives.
· Partner with internal stakeholders to define key messages, positioning, and calls to action.
· Distill technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications.
· Write compelling copy for a variety of mediums and channels, including email, digital, video, graphic, and visual communications.
· Cultivate a consistent brand experience that resonates with a global audience.
· Contribute to building toolkits, templates, and frameworks to promote self-service and communication best practices across the organization.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
· 10+ years’ communications or integrated marketing experience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Experience driving marketing and communication campaigns from concept to completion with minimal guidance.
· Excellent copywriting and editing skills, including rewriting, optimizing, and editing content from subject matter experts.
· Experience creating content for a variety of channels and mediums: digital, written, video, or visual communications materials.
· Experience influencing organizations through communications, from audience and stakeholder analysis through implementation and success metrics tracking.
Preferred Qualifications· Strong project management skills and experience, including managing multiple internal stakeholders and projects at once.
· Ability to quickly absorb complex information across a variety of disciplines and translate to clear, compelling communications.
· Proven ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Comfortable presenting ideas to internal stakeholders at all levels, receptive of feedback, and quick to apply changes.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Other preferred locations: Seattle, WA/ New York, NY/ Austin, TX/ Palo Alto, CA/ San Francisc, CA/ Arlington, VA/ Boston, MA/ Chicago, IL/ Los Angeles, CA/ or other Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.