Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To help them do that effectively, our sales professionals need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. We strive to develop content that allows our field teams to speak to customers about their business problems and solve them using AWS technology. With an emphasis on providing consumable, relevant training at the time a learner requires it – not too much, too little, too early, or too late. Ideally available anytime, anywhere and on any device.
As we expand our Amazon Web Service’s Worldwide Enablement Team, we’ve experienced rapid growth in demand for sales learning. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a senior leader to join the Worldwide Sales Enablement team to focusing on enabling self-serve content development. While formal enablement and training remain critical to our sales teams, we believe it is important to establish strategies, mechanisms, tools and platforms, and governance to enable other internal teams to create valuable content and learning.
The role will define the use cases; create necessary content design and development templates; create a content review and approval process; define, implement and manage the necessary tools and systems for content creation and hosting; and define and manage the appropriate content curation process. This is a new role and as such requires an experienced and confident, yet collaborative and customer obsessed learning and enablement professional. The ideal candidate will have experience in not only instructional design, but also in managing content development teams as well as content management systems, including learning management platforms.
This role requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work backwards from ambiguous requirements to generate clear, concise, business plan to enable our field to create their own content. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment, and has proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders. This role involves frequent engagement with AWS leadership and requires a candidate with executive presence, excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to influence others. This is a hands-on position. To be successful the person in this role must be willing to roll up their sleeves to drive the desired results.
· Dive deep to understand the AWS sales teams structure and roles as well as the AWS selling methodology
· Dive deep to understand current formal sales training strategies, mechanisms and deployment strategies
· Dive deep to identify and assess currently available sales communication and enablement platforms
· Collaborate with other groups (e.g., Operations, Communication, Marketing, Services) to define specific uses cases for a self-serve and peer-to-peer learning strategy
· Define, socialize and gain buy-in on strategic plans for enabling self-serve and peer-to-peer content authoring
· Manage the technology platforms, tools and systems required to support defined and approved strategy
· Create a governance structure with quality standards to determine what content should be published
· Distill technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications that drive awareness and adoption of programs and initiatives
· Propose, execute, and scale new ways of creating and distributing communications that expand program awareness and adoption globally
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
· 7+ years of learning and development, sales training or sales enablement management experience
· 7+ years of working with product marketing, business development, services or product development organizations
· 7+ years of experience in creating sales training or enablement content (digital, written, video, or visual materials)
· 7+ years in global roles working with globally-dispersed teams, stakeholders and audiences
· 5+ years of demonstrated experience working with and integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support.
· Ability to accommodate 25% travel
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Education (Learning & Development or Adult Education), Communications, Marketing, MBA or a related field.
· 10+ years of learning and development, sales training or sales enablement management experience
· 10+ years of working with product marketing, business development, services or product development organizations
· 10+ years of experience in creating sales training or enablement content (digital, written, video, or visual materials)
· 10+ years in global companies and working with globally-dispersed teams, stakeholders and audiences
· 7+ years of demonstrated experience working with and integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support.
· Ability to accommodate 25% travel
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Preferred locations: Virtual Locations
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age