Are you a former Government Executive (CxO) who has successfully led an enterprise wide transformation? Do you want to be a part of a team focused on helping Amazon Web Services executive customers do the same thing? The State and Local Government market segment is in the midst of unprecedented transformation through changing business models, cost reduction pressure, citizen engagement, increasing cybersecurity threats, and data transparency, and they are looking to the cloud to modernize their operations. AWS is looking for a leader who understands the state, city and county government environment, market transitions impacting the industry, is passionate, and able to help our customers achieve their business outcomes by leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to drive the right business solutions, enable the technology ecosystem supporting government, and address changing industry needs.
The ideal candidate will have both a business and a technology background with demonstrated experience engaging and earning customer trust at the CxO/VP level. She/he should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership is a must.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as a key member of the State and Local Strategy, Government Transformation and Vertical Practices team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Provide coaching and guidance to government executives on strategy, technology, and governance that can improve their cloud readiness and accelerate adoption.
· Help customers build business strategy and change management plans and advise them through the operationalization of the plan
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Present business reviews and provide escalation material to the senior management team regarding our customers’ success and identify roadblocks to customer success and expanding AWS’ reach in the industry.
Handle a high volume of special projects, engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Basic Qualifications· 15+ years of government domain knowledge, including policy and legislation, budget cycles, appropriations process and strategic planning.
· 10+ years of experience leading enterprise strategy and change efforts and presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and external stakeholders.
· Experience with Government Operations, Healthcare, Transportation, Public Safety, or Education market segments including market transitions, industry trends, and innovative technology services to support industry transformation
· 2+ years of government executive experience, including Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or Chief Operations Officer (COO), or other equivalent positions.
Preferred Qualifications· Proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence
· Executive (CxO) support experience
· Previous experience with AWS products and services.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.