Do you want to develop innovative customer strategies? When you have developed data-driven knowledge about a market and insight into the customer’s mind, are you are excited to bring the two together? Are you restless until strategies become real? Where others see a threat to the status quo, do you see an opportunity to innovate and get ahead of the curve? Do you love to plan, try, fail and adapt the plan? Do you see through complex data to reveal insightful patterns that excite business leaders? Are you a collaborative team player?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team and help drive AWS adoption in the Financial Services industry worldwide. As a Financial Services Business Development Manager focused on service development, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with C-level executives and influencers at all levels. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with financial institutions, from FinTech startups to the largest broker-dealers and exchange groups in the world. You will own identifying potential new AWS services, and improvements to existing services, through analysis of market opportunities and develop plans on how to take select new services to market, through incubation and on to mainstream adoption.
As the Business Development Manager – Service Development for the AWS Financial Services Business Development team, you will lead the way in how AWS takes innovative new services and products to market in the Financial Services industry. You will work closely with the global team of Business Development Managers, Service Leaders, Product and Partner Marketing, Partner Teams, Professional Services, Training, Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, and Sales teams. You must be comfortable with leading and influencing cross functional global teams in dynamic organizations as most of your responsibilities will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS.
The right candidate will have successful experience in growth-oriented leadership roles in the Financial Services technology space, a keen sense of ownership, strong analytical background, strong synthesis, structuring, and problem solving skills to translate ambiguity and often incomplete information into insights. A bias for ‘invent and simplify’, demonstrated experience in cross-functional stakeholder management and alignment, solid program management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, and a curiosity to deeply understand adoption of new technology. Perhaps most importantly, the successful candidate will be a ‘Strategic Doer’ who balances analytical and strategic insight, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done by leading cross functional teams through influence.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategies for the financial services industry
· Assess the market opportunity for new services (either built in-house, or bought through acquisition), through internal and external research and analytics to inform data driven decision making. Analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, competitive environment, growth rates and operating metrics
· Define the GTM plan that will introduce/launch, incubate and grow the new offering in the market. This will include defining target customer segments as additional features are released, identify the best route to market, capacity and coverage planning, propose quota and compensation plan design, and identify key milestones.
· Collaborate cross-functionally to gain agreement on the GTM plan, so that it will have support for funding and implementation multiple internal organizations including sales, marketing, services, and product marketing/management organizations
· Continually Improve the process for developing and delivering the way incubation services are taken to market at AWS
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree
· The right person will be technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large financial services IT environments
· Must have 10-15 years of Financial Services business development, enterprise solution selling, or product development experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners and ISVs
· Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is highly desired, including: database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
Preferred Qualifications· Prior experience in the Financial Services IT industry is highly desired, either as a vendor or customer
· Ideal candidates will have a combination of consulting and industry experience.
· Excellent problem-solver who works cross functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data driven process.
· Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high growth environment
· Software industry domain expertise, and the ability to understand complex technology problems is a plus
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results for major cross organization process/programs, from design to execution. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· M&A/ partnership GTM Due Diligence
· Experience in multiple industry markets in growth-oriented roles. Such as strategy, planning, enablement, or equivalent roles at large enterprise technology companies
Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.