The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team and help drive AWS adoption in the United States (US). As a Financial Services Business Development Manager for the US you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with C-level executives and influencers at all levels. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with financial institutions of all sizes across all market segments, from FinTech startups to the largest banks, insurers, broker-dealers and exchange groups in the world. You will own further establishing AWS as the leader in Financial Services in the US.
Your responsibilities will include driving top line revenue growth and overall end-customer adoption across the Financial Services industry in the US. You will enable AWS Financial Services field teams across all sales segments in the US to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects and customers. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Security, and Compliance to develop and promote cloud best-practices in areas such as data security and regulatory compliance. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and Financial Services background, with significant experience in the US. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in past roles, and a credible understanding of the overall Financial Services landscape. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategies for the financial services industry
· Define and size sales segments, identify key financial services customers, and identify industry partners including ISVs/solution providers and system integrators
· Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction
· Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS value proposition for enterprise cloud computing, including datacenter-to-cloud extension and migration.
· Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including sales teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams
· Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers
· Understand the unique technical requirements of financial services customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our largest and most complex customers
· Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management
· Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new enterprise customers
· Manage complex enterprise contract negotiations, in cooperation with AWS account teams, legal and professional services teams
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree
· The right person will be technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large financial services IT environments
· Must have 7-10 years of Financial Services business development, enterprise solution selling, or product development experience
· Prior experience in the Financial Services IT industry is highly desired, either as a vendor or customer
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners and ISVs
· Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is highly desired, including: database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
· Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%.
Preferred Qualifications· Prior experience working with either regional banks, community banks, and credit unions, or asset managers and hedge funds.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.