Brief Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
The main charter of this role is to identify key operational metrics, provide periodic visibility/insights based on inspection of these metrics & deliver P&L objectives (growth/productivity/efficiency). The leader of business operations will be managing a team of Business Intelligence Engineers, BAs and Workforce Management analysts that work to provide the necessary tools, data and insights to improve the business efficiency and effectiveness. This organization focuses on the end to end people processes required for Support Engineering to have the right people, in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills to provide a great customer experience at an optimal cost.
The role will oversee four broad functions:
· Program Management which drives the business operational cadence, including strategic planning sessions, portfolio and business reviews. They will also serve as the global process coordinators and change management agents to ensure all global standards are fully deployed network wide.
· Business Intelligence helps to measure the success or gaps to our plans and provides all of the needed reporting and analytics to ensure that all stakeholders can make the right data driven decisions.
· Capacity Planning builds our long-term forecasts and headcount plans based on current strategy necessary for operations to meet expected customer demand. This function reports dotted line to this role
· Workforce Management (WFM) focuses on improving the day-to-day operations by working with sites to highlight areas of opportunity for overall network coverage improvement to ensure we meet customer expectations and business objectives.
· Key requirements for the role include prior experience running operations for large complex technical headcount organizations, demonstrated experience in driving productivity, scaling operations teams from scratch and using data to influence decisions and holding stakeholders accountable in a matrixed support-type environment.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills, good judgment, and deep background in building scalable operations teams in are all a must for success. S/he must be an analytical and structured thinker as well as come with significant experience in customer and stakeholder interaction, management and delivering results. Since this role will involve managing a diverse cross-functional team, prior history in scaling teams, hiring great talent while managing performance is a must as well.
Basic Qualifications· Min 10 years of experience in business operations leading large cross-functional (30-50+) teams, including developing people, across geographically dispersed teams preferably in capacity planning, workforce management or analytics.
· BS/BA Degree, or applicable experience
· Min 5 years of experience in working in or Technical Support in a B2B environment
· Min 5 years of P&L management a good understanding of how operational inputs tie into financial outputs
· Min of 5 years in Capacity Planning and Workforce Management in an operations environment
Preferred Qualifications· MBA preferred, background in CS is a plus
· Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Experience managing people, incl. geographically dispersed teams
· Extremely strong problem structuring and solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us