At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a Global Practice Manager, Strategic Programs, to manage large investment and billable programs across all industries and geographies. The Practice Manager leads a team of Strategic Program Leaders who are leading a combined AWS team of service team engineers, ProServe Engagement Managers, and professional services consultants as well as partners and client teams to deliver industry transforming digital transformation projects with the customer following Amazon’s innovation tenets. As the Practice Manager, you will need to build out the mechanisms, infrastructure, risk management, tools and communication structure to ensure the launch of these large strategic customer programs can be rapid, scalable, and mitigates risk for both AWS and the customer. You will assist in training internal teams in cloud best practices, agile development/framework best practices, accelerate innovation and cloud adoption scenarios, prioritize delivery of use cases, and enable innovation and growth on the core platform.
AWS engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our teams collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. These engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
· Responsibilities and Abilities include:
· Program Management – Lead a large delivery team comprised of Strategic Program Leaders who are very senior program managers capable of leading multi-year, multi-workstream, global, digital transformation programs for AWS customers
· Advisory – Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
· Training – Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
· Partnering – Manage partners as part of the broader set of organizations involved, conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
· Delivery – Define and plan out complex integrated workstreams, delivering executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project’s progress and financials tailored to the audience. The Strategic Program Leader is responsible for managing Engagement Managers, AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project
· Feedback – Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback and lessons learned
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Basic Qualifications· Experience leading global consulting or IT transformation programs across multiple industries
· 15+ year managing scope, schedule, budget, and program/ project risks
· 10+ years’ hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level IT consulting projects using Agile/Iterative methodologies.
· Managed technical projects consisting of 20 or more people
· Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies
· Experience utilizing Agile methodologies to deliver engagements/projects · Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
· Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts
Preferred Qualifications· Deep industry expertise in at least 3 of the top industries inclusive of automotive, healthcare, consumer goods, telco, retail, or manufacturing
· Consulting experience with one of the top consulting companies eg. PwC, IBM, E&Y, KPMG, or Accenture
· Fluent in English, but can speak Spanish, German, or Italian is a plus