At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT, and the mission of the ISV Acceleration Team is to help independent solution providers (ISVs) adopt and use AWS as they bring their products to the public sector market. Our team needs a highly skilled, detail-oriented, incredibly organized, and enthusiastic lead to help direct and coordinate team operations, processes, and engagements, and to program manage key initiatives that we launch throughout the year.
The ISV Acceleration Team is responsible for evangelism of new technology and engagement with ISVs to increase the pace of their adoption of new AWS services, and we do so by building programs that educate and assist ISVs, deliver outreach programs such as online and in-person events, and work directly with individual ISVs to help them overcome obstacles. In this role, you will report directly to the ISV Acceleration leader and work closely with the other team leads to develop and manage team processes, act as program manager for multiple team initiatives, monitor and track the status of customer engagements, and provide operational and logistic support for the delivery of team initiatives. You will be the team operations and program management lead, keeping everything running smoothly and ensuring that we effectively meet all of our commitments and objectives.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, be detail oriented, have incredibly high bias for action, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience and contributing to a team goal.
· Establish operational processes for the team, such as reporting and tracking team metrics, building repeatable playbooks for customer engagements, and establishing processes for event delivery
· Act as program manager in the development of team initiatives, ensuring on-time, successful delivery
· Support critical customer engagements by providing program management oversight and working with the team leads to ensure that all details are managed
· Provide strategic and administrative support for team initiatives, such as event planning, scheduling, coordinating resources, and negotiating agreements with partners and service providers
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years leading complex program management initiatives.
· Experience working in IT, optimally with the use of cloud based solutions
· Experience with event planning, scheduling and coordinating resources.
Preferred Qualifications· Current PMP or related project management certification, or equivalent experience.
· Experience negotiating agreements with partners and/or service providers.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with technical and business audiences
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with extremely strong organization skills and a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
· Expert use of program management tools, such as Project or Smartsheet
· Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
· Experience working in/with government agencies, optimally in IT dealing with regulatory compliance issues
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.