Do you want to help the Life Sciences industry bring more new therapies to patients by helping them transform their manufacturing and supply chains?
The Life Science/biopharma is undergoing major challenges: reducing the costs to make and distribute older drugs while scaling up manufacturing and distribution of newer therapies that often require smaller batches, lower tolerances for error, and handling of biologics. Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish AWS as the leader in the industry? AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting Life Sciences manufacturing, supply chain and logistics, including the regulatory frameworks in which Life Science companies operate, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, and drive partnerships with other industry.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams in Global Accounts selling to Life Science manufacturers to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including partner based solutions, etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with Life Science manufacturers at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies. They should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Global Accounts Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for Life Science Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the technical and regulatory requirements, e.g., GxP, FDA of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• 7-10 years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience in or selling to the Life Science manufacturing and supply chain industry
• Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
• The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
• Relevant domain knowledge of systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the Life Science manufacturing industry with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
Preferred Qualifications• 10+ years of relevant work experience.
• Diversity of experience in the Life Science and manufacturing/supply chain industry
• CxO relationships and large network in the industry.
• Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus, MBA or Masters in Science preferred
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Boston, MA.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.