Candidate is able to work remotely or relocate to VA.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a candidate to help build and manage programs for our Public Sector Partner funding initiatives.
As a member on the PS global partner programs team, you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS by owning the process of our Partner Funding program. This role will work closely with AWS product teams, partner development managers, solution architects, professional services, and our sales teams. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses and the Amazon Partner Network (APN) ecosystem is helping to dramatically accelerate innovation on the AWS Cloud.
In the PS Partner Funding Manager role, you will develop understanding of the global AWS partner ecosystem to refine Funding program guidelines and improve processes to support Public Sector partners’ go-to-market strategy. You will monitor partner utilization of funds and become an expert resource on the process, guidelines and options for internal business partners and PS partners.
The ideal candidate is creative and analytical in problem solving, detail-oriented and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
AWS is seeking a strong project manager who is passionate about growing a fast-paced international business, a self-starter who enjoys shaping their own role and team. The ideal candidate is can help drive broad scale, programmatic efforts that impact global results. The candidate will have demonstrated strong project, product and program management and marketing experience and the proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Core Roles & Responsibilities:
· Define, build, and manage processes improvements.
· Work closely and communicate effectively with partners, AWS sales and partner teams, and AWS HQ teams around the world using a variety of mediums
· Drive program implementation with partner managers (internal) and partners (external); proactively communicate with senior and executive level stakeholders
· Engage the partner field sales organization and partner channels to represent WWPS business perspectives
· Develop and track key performance metrics utilizing Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel, and other internal Amazon systems
· Identify opportunities to improve our internal tools and processes, including driving automation of repeatable work, and increasing overall team efficiency.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years’ experience as a project manager or program manager
· 5+ years’ experience working in public sector or supporting public sector customers (e.g., government, education, and nonprofit)
· 5+ years experience with Excel, Tableau and salesforce.com
· 5+ years experience with creating process improvements
· 2+ years of Public Sector experience
Preferred Qualifications· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audience.
· Proven ability to partner with a wide variety of senior level individuals including top-level business leaders and customers
· Strong business acumen, and experience with large, complex organizations during periods of rapid growth and change
· Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as influencing skills
· Bachelor’s degree or similar experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.