Global Pre-Evaluation Manager
Special Programs Evaluations Assessments & Response (SPEAR) Team is expanding to support the rapid growth of our data facilities throughout the globe and related security functions associated with this growth. We are looking for an independent, passionate, highly talented, and motivated Global Pre-Evaluation Manager to join us in the U.S. In this role you will participate in the planning, developing and implementation of physical security requirements for new build AWS data facilities, where your team will be identifying areas for improvement. This role directly influences AWS physical security operations globally and defines the physical security requirements for these sites. This team will directly impact the application of all facets of physical security including people, processes and measures in order to address physical security vulnerabilities. You will directly support the evaluations team by providing early detection of vulnerabilities, as well as keeping the adjudications team apprised of developments to ensure mitigations are implemented. You may also be directed to conduct physical security assessments on physical measures being considered by AWS Security and our AWS partners. These assessments are supported by thorough written reports in order to present a complete picture of the physical security status/posture for the team’s services. All of which contributes towards the global effort to uphold the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWS services. This is a Global position and the location is virtual, but U.S. based.
As the Global Pre-Evaluation Manager, you will work directly with other AWS Physical Security Teams, AWS Management, and partners to collaborate in the real-world application of Physical Security within AWS. You will review and be very knowledgeable of new and cutting edge technologies and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures in order to enhance the security posture across AWS.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced senior leader adept at running a team of high performing and independent personnel. This leader should have the ability to plan and develop a high performing team that is able to work at all levels across the organization. This individual should have a working knowledge of physical security principles and how that relates to practical application and real world implementation of processes and measures. The ideal candidate would have knowledge of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED), to include concepts and principles, data collection, analysis, presentations and reports, behavior and the physical (built) environment. The candidate must be an expert at planning, executing and delivering products for our customers, both internal and external. This leader will be required to scale this team(s) as needed as our mission grows. This position will require extensive travel amounting to approximately 25%, to ensure the delivery of this team’s mission globally.
** For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
· Support the adjudication of identified physical security vulnerabilities. Ensure all vulnerabilities identified are documented and effective mitigation actions are taken to resolve the vulnerability.
· Partner directly with global AWS teams to review physical security and related physical security policies, standards and operating procedures to ensure physical security measures are in place prior to data facility commissioning.
· Work closely with the SPEAR evaluations team to ensure continued collaboration and coordination.
· Continually monitor industry trends and events to ensure world class-evolving evaluations by developing and maintain personal relationships with key industry personnel and manufacturers.
· Assist the adjudications team and AWS partners to ensure findings are appropriately mitigated.
· Keep the AWS Security leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, activities and progress
· Continually monitor metrics to show impact of the team.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
The basic qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job:
· 10+ years of leading/managing a highly functional team.
· 10+ years of experience working Security/Law Enforcement or Military with additional experience in Physical Security Principles, Access Control, Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
· 4+ years of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) experience.
· 10+ years of experience building and supervising high performing operationally focused teams/personnel.
· 10+ years of experience collaborating with partner agencies/entities in order to complete the mission.
Preferred QualificationsThe preferred qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job:
· Experience in the detailed planning and implementation of physical security solutions designed to protect critical assets, and support the application of physical security across people, processes and measures.
· Proven track record of leading and managing geographically dispersed team members.
· Demonstrated knowledge of physical security best practices to include but not limited to application of physical security, investigation techniques and procedures, access control systems, familiar with contract security guard requirements and incident response.
· Basic understanding of cloud computing services.
· Experience and high proficiency in public speaking and briefing.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in briefing and communicating with all levels of management.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· Ability to handle confidential information with care.
· Ability to integrate into an international work environment.
· Ability to travel worldwide.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age