Would you like to help large enterprises accelerate and maximize their business success using the cloud? Do you have a track record of successfully defining market segmentation and go-to-market strategies for large, complex, multi-national enterprise customers? Can you effectively engage, influence and collaborate with distributed, cross-functional teams to develop and execute segment go-to-market strategies globally?
In this role, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape the global strategy to help our most important enterprise customers adopt and transform using the cloud as the AWS executive leading the segmentation and go-to-market strategy for the enterprise sector. Your responsibilities will include owning segment strategy, planning, business development and go-to-market for the enterprise segment, developing/maturing cross-functional go-to-market execution mechanisms. You will collaborate with global, cross-functional teams including enterprise sales, business development, marketing and technical field professionals to determine how to accelerate growth and success in the enterprise market and monitor progress against the business plan. You will use data and market signals to drive the segmentation strategy and coverage models to most effectively serve AWS enterprise customers. You will coordinate with sales leaders and sales operations to help define and drive field education and enablement programs to ensure account teams can effectively engage enterprise executives and execute strategies that accelerate customer success.
Role & Responsibilities
· Develop and mature mechanisms to deeply understand needs, gaps, and opportunities with AWS’ top enterprise customers.
· Lead annual segmentation and go-to-market planning for top enterprises.
· Develop and mature global, cross-functional engagement mechanisms for planning and execution.
· Determine optimal account team coverage models for top enterprises.
· Develop and mature measurement and monitoring mechanisms for the business plan, including metrics capture, reporting, and analytics for identifying signals, opportunities, and challenges.
· Develop data driven narrative proposals for the new segment initiatives, or evolving/retiring existing initiatives/programs.
· Incubate new strategic initiatives, as assigned. Hire teams/resources to transition and scale incubation initiatives.
· Coordinate with sales leaders and sales operations to develop field education and readiness programs to enable account teams to help our top enterprise customers to maximize their business success using cloud technologies.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of relevant leadership experience in the technology-led business development, sales, marketing, advisory, and/or strategy roles focused on large, complex enterprises.
· 3+ years of experience defining market segmentation, go-to-market strategies, and go-to-market programs in technology companies serving large, complex enterprises.
Preferred Qualifications· Technology depth and breadth – both enterprise IT and cloud technologies
· Highly credible with account teams, sales leaders, senior technologists, product leaders, and CxO audiences.
· Exceptional business acumen and high judgment – be able to use technology/cloud depth and breadth, signals, and data to understand customer pain points and challenges, and inform and shape business growth initiatives.
· Passion for enterprise customers – deep curiosity to understand how enterprises are adopting cloud and how to accelerate their cloud journey.
· Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders.
· ‘Invent and simply’ mindset. Data driven but comfortable with ambiguity. Exceptional problem-solver. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Strong bias for ‘working backwards’ from customers. Favors iterative hypothesis/test/analyze/ improve approaches. Pragmatic and ‘is right a lot’.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.MBA/Masters degree
· 15+ years of relevant work experience.
· Balanced leadership experience across business development, strategy/planning, and execution in a multi-billion technology business.
· Leadership experience in senior technology roles in traditional enterprise
· Experience in global or world-wide roles.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.