Do you have senior level global media and entertainment consulting experience deploying technologies, platforms and solutions in the Media and Entertainment (M&E) Industry? Do you have extensive technology experience and skills to support AWS platforms, technologies and infrastructure solutions to Global M&E customers?
At AWS, we are looking for Principal M&E Consultants focused on cloud computing technology to help develop, support and drive new platforms, solutions, and global digital content workflows, working directly with AWS partners and global M&E clients.
The position requires a blend of four (4) major skills which are a strong business acumen, M&E technology understanding, strategy, and creative M&E industry knowledge relative to TV/Film/Animation/OTT, production, post production and global workflows.
We are looking for experienced senior level M&E consultants with deep technical expertise in their specialty area with an ability to travel internationally as required to support key M&E customers. They will have strong relevant M&E industry and technical experience combined with exceptional people skills.
AWS Principal Consultants deliver cloud infrastructure architecture guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review industry best practices and conduct technology leadership events and summits.
AWS Principal Consultants:
-Collaborate directly with global M&E customers and partners addressing workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
-Provided leadership to customers migrating existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services. They also manage engagements and assist with non-technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
-Acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global M&E customer architects and IT leaders
-Work across multiple AWS engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and web based services for M&E conglomerates, major studios, music labels, OTT streaming services, new media companies, live events companies, location based entertainment, production and postproduction companies.
-Collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS Partners to accelerate their transition to cloud based AWS services.
Customer Engagements – Collaborate with AWS sales leaders and internal engineering teams driving design and platform adoption for major M&E customers on the AWS platform.
Industry Leadership- Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security and integration of AWS services supporting global M&E customer requirements.
Support Sales Teams – Support short cycle on-site client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
Technology Leadership – Collaborate with AWS field sales teams, pre-sales teams, training and support teams to help global M&E partners and customers successfully engage and use AWS services. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), AI Services (LEX, REKognition), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
Develop Partnerships – Develop M&E industry solution roadmaps for clients, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large M&E industry clients.
Industry Expertise Transfer –Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
Customer Advocacy – Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional services teams conveying deep technical requirements from major M&E clients and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
Deliver Value – Support delivery of key M&E professional services engagements with clients and partners in feature film, feature animation, broadcast, OTT streaming, production, post production, music, live events, location based entertainment and visual effects (VFX) industries.
Industry Shows and Organizations – Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board’s directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Customer Requirements- Understand customer requirements, project scope, and support SOW creation for relevant work.
M&E Partners- Work with relevant M&E partners to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer’s project requirements.
Basic Qualifications· Experience in at least one major M&E segment with the ability to architect a solution that crosses segment boundaries i.e., glass-to-glass ecosystems for customers.
· Knowledge of common media frameworks, pipelines, and M&E industry software solutions in at least one of the major M&E segments including traditional, broadcast, OTT, mobile carrier, telco infrastructure and network architecture as it relates to media processing at the enterprise-level.
· Experience building content production pipelines such as digital dailies, VFX/rendering, collaboration/approval workflows, production archives.
· Ability to think strategically about M&E solutions, global workflows, cloud workloads, business strategy, products and emerging technology trends.
· Experience delivering M&E technology solutions to major global M&E conglomerates through solution scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services, enabling emerging technologies and cloud based services.
· BS level degree or equivalent experience.
· 15+ years of relevant M&E technology, global workflow and IT experience
· 10+ years of consulting experience
Preferred Qualifications· Understanding of AWS Services such as AWS Elemental Media Services, Elastic Transcoder, CloudFront, EC2, S3, Glacier is a plus.
· Thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to M&E cloud-based enterprises, solutions, platforms, workflows, production, post production, storage, DAM, MAM, innovation and IT infrastructure.
· M&E Vertical industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies as well as leading-edge technology services and solutions.
· Experience with the design of modern, scalable delivery solutions for technology consulting services.
· Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Key AWS M&E industry cloud ecosystem partners.
· Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science.
· Advanced business degree is a plus.
· 15+ years of experience in end-to-end media solutions incorporating (depending on segment) media acquisition, rendering / VFX, non-linear editing, OTT streaming, digital supply chain management, distribution / content delivery, media processing / transcoding, media analytics and/or related technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age