Do you have a passion for helping public sector customers to innovative and implement transformative IT solutions? Do you have an ability for helping customers to build their understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a cloud project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical business development leader to join the World-Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Global Capture team. As a member of this team, you will support a global WWPS incubation program for Complex Deals and emerging technologies. You will have the opportunity to work directly WWPS leadership across sales, partners, Solutions Architecture, Professional Services, and service engineering teams. In addition to working with internal customers, you will work closely with strategic customers and partners to drive service innovation.
As a technical and business leader for WWPS Global Capture, you will be a key member of the leadership team, own the overall strategy, approach and execution of AWS services incubation in support of complex deals. This will require close collaboration with the AWS Service Teams, Field Enablement Teams, and Global Platform BD Team(s). A close partnership with leaders and organizations outside of your immediate team will be necessary as you will build an overall structured approach and experience for incubation and innovation programs. Successful candidates should have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills and a passion for creating customer driven programs around emerging technologies.
Key priorities of the role include:
· Drive global WWPS incubation program for Complex Deals and emerging technologies including interaction with leadership and management meetings, as well as all hands meetings.
· Work with the other BD Leaders to drive incubation process around AWS Services.
· Collaborate and help to enable service team(s) in new market development efforts in emerging areas. Must be able to work with leaders from across WWPS sales leadership, product development, and global business development teams.
· Develop in partnership between WWPS and the AWS Service teams, strategic priorities and long-term plans for the organization
· Directly support complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
· Define goals processes and drive monthly updates against those goals
· Develop strong, productive relationships across peer organization that further our business objectives
· Demonstrated competency in the areas of group collaboration, analytical thinking and strategy
· Help to define broader market development themes, strategies, and models for incubation and innovation.
Basic Qualifications· 15+ years of experience in an operational or customer facing role (Solutions Architect or Professional Services preferred)
· 10+ years of global experience, managing and leading large, diverse teams.
· 8+ years experience working with new product and service development teams, and outbound functions
· 8+ years experience working with Sr. Stakeholders and Executive teams
Preferred Qualifications· Masters degree or PhD in relevant business, computer science, or engineering disciplines.
· Experience working with C-Level Executives including written, presentation and verbal communications
· Strong hands-on technical experience with legacy and cloud infrastructure solutions
· In-depth experience in information technology, market dynamics, and customer requirements.
· Experience delivering training and enablement to internal and external customers
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers to customer adoption and accelerate adoption.
· Must have a passion for innovation, and have the ability to scale and influence broadly.
· Requires strong organizational, presentation, and writing skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age