AWS Educate team is looking for an experienced Program Manager who is not afraid to deal with ambiguity, and has a passion for working with cross-functional global teams.
Education customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions. Launched in 2015 AWS Educate is a program designed to increase cloud related skills and awareness among students at universities, community colleges, K-12 schools, and tech underrepresented communities. To help education customers effectively leverage AWS, we must leverage user data and requested content enhancements into useful and delightful customer experiences.
The ideal candidate must be able to work at the strategic level, generating innovative ideas for new features, and at the tactical level (expertly managing results across teams, experience, operations, analyzing data, and problem solving). We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successful program management, and can take a set of ideas and can build out a scalable program globally.
As the brand steward across our suite of content products, you’ll work to create innovative and compelling learning experiences across multiple platforms. You’ll work cross-functionally with Content, UX Designers, Program Managers, Product, and Engineers to plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, and help projects meet deadlines. In this role, you’ll combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help the Educate team improve the experience of products that are used by millions of users.
A successful candidate will have a passion for creating innovative content and/or user experiences informed by customer research and data, industry best practices, and iterative testing. You possess excellent communication skills, strong project management skills, the ability to relentlessly advocate for the customer while delivering results in a fast-paced environment. You are thoughtful and attuned to both setting the strategic content brand vision for a product, enacting operating mechanisms for the team, and helping designers develop a cohesive product suite.
Some of the key job functions:
· Act as a bridge between Content, UX, Product, and Program Managers, connecting all groups and making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for
· Identify needs for improvement of the design organization processes and methodologies with regards to process, tools, documentation, and asset management, driving required changes to make sure teams are working to highest quality standards and optimum efficiency
· Lead or collaborate with leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
· Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the user experience. Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization
· Engaging with users and converting their feedback into effective user experience changes
· Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities. Work creatively around difficult resource and technical limitations
· Author and deliver executive-level written narratives to explain our work
· Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product experiences
· Define success metrics and be responsible for ensuring their implementation for all our work
· Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to ensure consistent brand use across Educate products
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of successful experience as a Producer, UX PM, Content Marketing or similar role or Master’s degree and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen
· Experience collaborating with designers and/or researchers through the full product development lifecycle
· Must be able to organize executive UX reviews, sign-offs, and coordinate feedback from various cross-organization stakeholders
· Proven capabilities in rapidly learning new domains to lead domain-specific discussions about processes, metrics and customer experiences
· Successful leadership experience in project management and/or product development/management
· Experience creating innovative online/digital user experiences
· Strong oral and written communication skills (including experience reviewing results with senior management and working in a global team setting)
· Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Ability to build and motivate small, high-performing teams
Preferred Qualifications· Experience creating or auditing standards and evaluating customer experiences across multiple physical locations
· Experience managing user research and usability testing
· Experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and customers
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
· Experience working on HR and/or content management products.
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations