Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? Are you intellectually curious with a knack for asking insightful business questions, diving deep, and uncovering new insights that lead to recommendations and programs that move the organization forward in a meaningful way? Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a talented Sr. Program Manager to help revolutionize the way we sell to and serve customers. In this role you will be responsible for solving complex and ambiguous challenges that produce critical business results for our sales organization. The right candidate has strong business acumen, a problem solving background, and earns trust by delivering results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate and partner with business teams to define and solve problems that impact sellers across the sales process.
• Manage 3rd party tool integrations, custom built applications and Salesforce.com projects with a focus on end user experience.
• Build relationships and identify stakeholders across the organization. Influence other teams within and across organizations and external teams.
• Proactively identify problems and opportunities and perform root cause analysis/diagnosis leading to significant business impact.
• Define analytical approaches to uncover new insights and formulate recommendations that improve sales tools and processes.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Program management, process improvement and/or operations in a sales environment.
• 2+ years’ experience utilizing data and analytics to formulate sound program objectives, solve business problems, and drive process improvements.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred locations: NYC, Seattle, SFO. Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
• Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams, communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles and develop processes at scale.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Sales Operations and some Sales experience.
• Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports.
• Excel modeling experience.
• Experience defining KPIs and success metrics for complex programs.
• Experience using Salesforce.com.
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.